Talk

Advanced search

Confused ttc and new to mumsnet

(6 Posts)
Mummy1788 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:25:47

Hi smile I have always been a reader on threads not a participant but I'm really struggling and finding it hard to talk to friends or family about it. Me and my OH are ttc baby no.2, it's been a painfully long time coming decision after a traumatic birth and illness with no.1 followed by PND. Anyway.... I feel ready and now desperate to have our 2nd baby.

I came off my pill about 5 weeks ago had a short/Light withdrawl bleed and now nothing.... I have tingly boobs, sicky indigestion and headaches and still no AF. All the hpt have come back bfn. So confused as can't remember it taking long to have AF when I came off my pill with DS1. I feel I can't stop thinking about it and still secretly hoping the tests are wrong.... anyone else experienced this and still had a bfp?? Xx

Emma2803 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:36:14

Hi ya, it took me almost four weeks to ovulate, six til period arrived after stopping the pill this time. I'm now on my second cycle, I didn't ovulate til cd21 and am now on 9dpo

Emma2803 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:38:25

Forgot to add I had similar symptoms to you but we weren't trying last month so I knew I wasn't pregnant, I think pre menstrual symptoms are very similar to early pregnancy symptoms

Mummy1788 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:46:47

Thanks Emma2803 that's reassuring.... I had no early pregnancy symptoms when I was pregnant with no.1 so that's what I'm finding so odd as I already feel so different....I just wish one way or another my body would decide what it's up to! We have been having regular baby dance sessions which I now wish we'd hadn't and waited so I didn't have to wait in limbo!! Xx

PNGirl Thu 20-Apr-17 12:15:20

I came off the pill in Jan, had a withdrawal bleed, lots of pregnancy symptoms 3 weeks later and then finally got my first real period after 40 days. Likely to be just adjusting post-pill I think!

Mummy1788 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:37:55

Yes that's what I thought just feels aggges!! Thanks @PNGirl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now