Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Confused ttc and new to mumsnet

(6 Posts)
Mummy1788 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:25:47

Hi smile I have always been a reader on threads not a participant but I'm really struggling and finding it hard to talk to friends or family about it. Me and my OH are ttc baby no.2, it's been a painfully long time coming decision after a traumatic birth and illness with no.1 followed by PND. Anyway.... I feel ready and now desperate to have our 2nd baby.

I came off my pill about 5 weeks ago had a short/Light withdrawl bleed and now nothing.... I have tingly boobs, sicky indigestion and headaches and still no AF. All the hpt have come back bfn. So confused as can't remember it taking long to have AF when I came off my pill with DS1. I feel I can't stop thinking about it and still secretly hoping the tests are wrong.... anyone else experienced this and still had a bfp?? Xx

Emma2803 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:36:14

Hi ya, it took me almost four weeks to ovulate, six til period arrived after stopping the pill this time. I'm now on my second cycle, I didn't ovulate til cd21 and am now on 9dpo

Emma2803 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:38:25

Forgot to add I had similar symptoms to you but we weren't trying last month so I knew I wasn't pregnant, I think pre menstrual symptoms are very similar to early pregnancy symptoms

Mummy1788 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:46:47

Thanks Emma2803 that's reassuring.... I had no early pregnancy symptoms when I was pregnant with no.1 so that's what I'm finding so odd as I already feel so different....I just wish one way or another my body would decide what it's up to! We have been having regular baby dance sessions which I now wish we'd hadn't and waited so I didn't have to wait in limbo!! Xx

PNGirl Thu 20-Apr-17 12:15:20

I came off the pill in Jan, had a withdrawal bleed, lots of pregnancy symptoms 3 weeks later and then finally got my first real period after 40 days. Likely to be just adjusting post-pill I think!

Mummy1788 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:37:55

Yes that's what I thought just feels aggges!! Thanks @PNGirl

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: