Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bfp or evap line?

(18 Posts)
sizeofalentil Thu 20-Apr-17 07:07:12

Af is five days late. Took two frer tests this week that were bfns, then had one yesterday that I thought was an evap line. Took one this morning (new batch of frer) and got this. Bfn or evap?

sizeofalentil Thu 20-Apr-17 07:10:48

Please excuse my disgusting bedding - our rescue cat is suddenly obsessed with me and makes everything grubby and bobbled every night with his weird little claws. Photos are blurred because he wouldn't go away and kept head bumping me. Going to change sheets now…

HumpHumpWhale Thu 20-Apr-17 07:11:08

That looks positive to me. How long did it take for the line to appear?

sizeofalentil Thu 20-Apr-17 07:21:24

About a minute. It got quite dark around 5 - 10 mins but not sure if that counts? It won't let me post a picture of the other one. Grrr.

sizeofalentil Thu 20-Apr-17 07:21:50

RedDahlia Thu 20-Apr-17 07:29:34

Positive all day long that!!! Congrats 💐

HumpHumpWhale Thu 20-Apr-17 07:29:52

Ok, if you'd said half an hour, it could have been an evaporation line, but that fast - it's positive. Congratulations! You're pregnant!

McBaby Thu 20-Apr-17 08:54:05

Looks pregnant and also might explain the cats behaviour my cat is obsessed with me when I'm pregnant even before I get positive tests! Currently 37 weeks and he won't leave the bump alone!

Hotpinkangel19 Thu 20-Apr-17 09:04:20

Positive!!!! Congratulations x

sizeofalentil Thu 20-Apr-17 12:08:00

Thank you all. I'm going to do another test tomorrow just to be sure… It's our wedding anniversary so had all my favourite things booked in to do…

Spa day with massages and steam room
Oysters
Prosecco and cheese eating
Sushi
And going to the local petting farm to see the baby lambs

It's literally a to-don't do list if that's a BFP! grin

We've been ttc for 15 months and have had 2mc so far. So a bit nervous about this if I am. This one wasn't exactly planned - due date would be practically on Christmas day. Not that I wouldn't be ecstatic, I'm just going to temper my expectations this time as it's been 8 months since my last BFP even.

sizeofalentil Thu 20-Apr-17 20:54:57

Got bored so took another test - and got a really dark BFP.

Can't believe this is real. Hope to God that I don't have another mc.

RedDahlia Fri 21-Apr-17 00:02:12

I had 3 mc then an ectopic in the space of 8 months - I conceived as soon as I was allowed to start TTC after the ectopic and my DD is now lying next to me aged 5 months.

I know the fear you feel. It's fucking awful but take it one day at a time.

I wish you all the luck in the world 💐

RedDahlia Fri 21-Apr-17 00:03:04

Ps - I meant to add that I wrote the above to show you that there is light at the end of the tunnel for many women!

mineallmine Fri 21-Apr-17 00:18:43

Totally positive. Best of luck to you.

HumpHumpWhale Fri 21-Apr-17 06:02:32

Just saw your post about miscarriages. I had two before my son. He's now 3.5, & my daughter is 10 months. Fingers crossed this is the one that sticks!

sizeofalentil Fri 12-May-17 15:37:26

Update: I'm now 7wks along, and an early scan showed a heartbeat. Feel a bit more positive about things.

RedDahlia - don't worry, I know what you meant by your comment, and you made me feel better.

sizeofalentil Fri 12-May-17 15:37:55

Forgot to add… Thank you everyone. You're all so kind and have made this all so much less stressful.

sailfree Fri 12-May-17 15:52:27

Best of luck to you OP, great to hear that things are going well so far x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now