Talk

Advanced search

DTD overload!

(6 Posts)
Thingymaboob Wed 19-Apr-17 22:27:52

Anyone else really shagged out? I'm CD 15 and have been DTD everyday at least once during this fertile week.
I have been TTC on and off for 18 months. Had a break for a bit after a MC. Was DTD every other day in last few cycles but thought we would try a different tactic this month!
How many times are people DTD?

Oysterbabe Wed 19-Apr-17 22:40:35

Just checked and 3 times this cycle, twice in fertile week. We really should do more but I'm too tired due to non-sleeping toddler. I'm confident we DTD at the right time though and only one of those little buggers needs to get through.

BlueeSpottyTiger Wed 19-Apr-17 22:42:07

Every other day from the end of af and then everyday during fw...maybe twice near Ov.
Last cycle 2days after ovulation we both sighed a big sigh of relief 😂 when not ttc we do it about 3/4 times a week but everyday really takes it out of you lol

FrostyPopThePenguinLord Thu 20-Apr-17 00:47:16

I think I'm killing the hubby with it all, he doesn't have a low sex drive but is struggling with motivation....first few months he was all for it, every day loving it...now I think it's getting a bit old for him, dropped off massively.
every few days if I'm lucky in the fertile week (or when the app says, I think it's a liar because it doesn't match my opks)
Get stuck in a vicious cycle because he knows we need to have sex to make a baby, and knows it has to be at certain times and he tries even if he isn't feeling like it because he knows I will be upset when AF arrives, but finds it much harder to DTD so often not successful which puts more pressure on him....and I feel like a total sex pest trying everything I can think of to get him in the mood!!!
Poor man...tonight's effort was 'it's your birthday, we need to have birthday sex!!' He just wants birthday sleep!!

WelshMammy123 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:37:46

I feel like TTC #1 absolutely killed our sex life. It took us over 3 years to conceive and it meant everything became so mechanical. This time around we're DTD every other day between about day 6 and 20 ish and that's much more manageable for us.

The times I've conceived there's been no rhyme or reason to the number of times we've DTD. With my dd the month we actually conceived we were just DTD when we fancied. In February last year DTD once and fell pregnant (ended in MMC) and in July when I fell pregnant again we were on holiday so again just whenever we fancied (sadly that pregnancy also ended in a loss).

But yes I totally agree that TTC can be an absolute killer for your sex life - especially as the months go on x

Thingymaboob Thu 20-Apr-17 08:45:12

We have stopped talking about ovulation and fertile week and has said he'd prefer to have sex everyday. It's been a week of dtd everyday and he was finding it quite stressed and difficult to perform last night (ovulation day-I didn't tell him it was ovulation day). Thankfully managed to dtd at last and then a load ran out!! Argh!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now