Talk

Advanced search

False Positive

(7 Posts)
TwoHatsTooMany Tue 18-Apr-17 12:36:21

How often do people get a false positive on a digital test please? None of this is making sense!

physicskate Tue 18-Apr-17 14:29:32

There isn't really much possibility for a false positive. Non-digitals can give evaporation lines, which might look a bit like a positive, but isn't. False negatives are far more common from testing too early.

Hope you get the outcome you want.

TwoHatsTooMany Wed 19-Apr-17 07:04:59

Thanks for replying.
I did a digital superdrug test yesterday, 25ml, had one in the drawer and thought oh I might as well use it up. Since that all the other tests have been negative, including FRER and other early ones.

Oysterbabe Wed 19-Apr-17 07:08:09

It's very unlikely to be false. When is your period due? I guess a chemical pregnancy is a possibility.

Hotpinkangel19 Wed 19-Apr-17 08:34:51

I'm not trusting Superdrug!

Imnotaslimjim Wed 19-Apr-17 08:39:17

Could it have been out of date?

Is you AF late? Do you have any other symptoms?

If tests afterwards are all negative I'd consider that the test was faulty unless AF is late, then I'd wait a couple of days and test again.

TwoHatsTooMany Wed 19-Apr-17 09:03:49

AF is late but I have PCOS so it doesn't mean anything. I've had breast tenderness, mood swings, blocked nose etc which I thought was all part of me getting ready for af.
I had a mmc which resulted in ptsd after treatment last year, as the odds of catching naturally slim due to not ovulating.
Are phantom pregnancys a thing? I'm not believing that it's actually a positive, I've booked a blood test to see what actually going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now