Talk

Advanced search

Can you ov twice in a cycle?

(25 Posts)
AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 19:08:44

We are ttc but not being successful despite tests so far coming back fine. What I'm wondering is if you can ov twice in one cycle. I'm currently 5dpo and have a dull ache in my pelvic region and seem to have ewcm back again today! Although it's not clear and stretchy it's white and stretchy. Opk test says no LH surge but I've had a lot of drinks today (not alcohol just playing outside so got thirsty) so it might not be reliable as it wasn't fmu either.

Sorry for the epic grossness but this is a picture of it. It was literally falling out earlier this evening. I'm worried that I might be missing my ov and that's why we aren't getting a bfp. If so it means I ov at cd20ish

SSF8 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:19:29

Not really an answer to your question. But BD anyway! - just to be sure. I'm sure your OH won't mind winkgrin

SSF8 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:21:55

How long is your cycle? Most people ov 14 days before AF arrives. So if you had a 30+ day cycle, then you could be ov'ing on day 20.
That's about as much help I can be.... sorry!
Good luck x

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 22:25:42

24-28 days. My CBOPK confirmed it and I had temps that matched last week on Tuesday. I usually leave a day and a bit before starting to count dpo.

glorious Mon 17-Apr-17 22:28:36

Are you temping? Very unlikely a second egg would be released at 5dpo - sometimes happens within 1 or 2 days. But if you're not temping you may just have thought you ovulated the first time when you actually didn't.

Any chance it's not cervical fluid but left over from dtd? Is it easily soluble in water?

Not an expert by any means but those are the things I'd consider if it was me.

SSF8 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:35:17

It's so confusing isn't it. Sometimes I wonder if I even ovulate at all!
I have a 26-27 day cycle, I'm sure I ov'd on CD10 this month. I'm cycle day 12 now, and dried up, but keep getting dull aches like OV pain.
I spend too much time googling symptoms of OV that I'm sure my body imagines them.
When I had DD 9 yrs ago, I wasn't trying, so I have no idea what my cycle was like then. So frustrating now that I am trying and it won't happen!
(I'm month 8 TTC) x

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 22:36:24

Had family staying over easter so been polite and not DTD since Friday. It might be that though. It's never happened before so I didn't think of that.

I was temping but have had a headache all weekend so taking paracetamol and I'm worried that might be making it erratic because it's up and down by a lot each morning now.

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 22:38:56

We didn't have to actively try for our first so I wasn't aware of him till I suddenly thought "huh I can't remember if I got my period or not" and I did a hpt. It's such a minefield

SSF8 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:41:52

That was like me with my first. I didn't even realise I was pregnant until I was 18 weeks. And even then I didn't quite believe it (I was only 16yrs old) so as far as I'm aware I had no symptoms or anything. But it seems so long ago, I can barely remember how pregnancy felt.

glorious Mon 17-Apr-17 22:58:11

Did you get a proper temperature shift of 0.2 degrees or more and sustained for at least three days the first time?

Paracetamol might have affected temps over the weekend (though might not) or it might just be a bit erratic - mine sometimes is late on in the luteal phase. I have used natural family planning for around 7 years so I have had all sorts of charts.

re: fluid it's unlikely to be sperm then smile but could be arousal fluid potentially. Sorry to for the tmi! I'm not familiar with this site but it describes the differences fairly well and explains my earlier question about solubility. Don't feel you have to answer obviously! www.kindara.com/blog/what-is-that-fluid-distinguishing-vaginal-moisture-arousal-fluid-and-semen

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 23:06:35

Lovely read 😆 but thank you. I don't think I was aroused but I was cooking from Joe wicks cookbook tonight so there's always an outside chance. It's been going all day though which is why I thought ewcm. Had a bit yesterday but it was just a little bit and then gone. Doesn't dissolve in water really. Obviously it washes off though.

glorious Mon 17-Apr-17 23:10:46

Haha! Could well be ewcm and perhaps you didn't ovulate the first time? Sometimes you can kind of build up for it and then it doesn't actually happen. You wouldn't see a proper temperature shift in that case but you might mistake a high temp or two for a shift.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas! Good luck TTC flowers

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 23:15:59

Bugger then I might have missed out this month. DH has been trying to get a taxi home for an hour without luck and I can't pick him up without taking the munchkin out in the rain. I'll wait up a bit longer but it's like a game of dare as to if DC wakes up first and then who knows when I'll get to bed!

Thank you for the luck. I'm hopeful but then again I was last month too.

glorious Mon 17-Apr-17 23:25:20

Oh don't take me too seriously. For one, I haven't seen your chart so I'm just guessing, and for another I am not qualified in this, just going on my own experience.

Our bodies do strange and unpredictable things sometimes, so who knows. Perhaps you have managed to ovulate twice. Or perhaps just once but the first time.

Hope your DH makes it home soon anyway.

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 23:35:12

Me too. He's going to be drenched but I can't wake up DC at this time. Plus it's his fault for having a season ticket to the football. It always takes them ages to get a taxi because not all companies will pick up from the match if it's on a night.

glorious Mon 17-Apr-17 23:43:11

Presumably he likes the football enough to make the travel worthwhile grin rather him than me and it's not even raining here

AllTearsFlowFromLove Mon 17-Apr-17 23:47:06

Yeah he sort of likes it bit only when they're winning and they're not so he'll have had a face on him all night. Rather he did that out though with his brother than sat at home with me! I got to watch all the TV he hates in peace!

glorious Mon 17-Apr-17 23:52:52

Bonus!

AllTearsFlowFromLove Tue 18-Apr-17 00:00:33

I know. It's much nicer watching prison break alone than with him commenting "that would never work" or "why is it still going if they escaped from prison"

glorious Tue 18-Apr-17 00:07:34

Haha. I'm the annoying one with the TV commentary in this house, luckily for me!

Just seen DD's school place offer so hopefully I'll be able to sleep now. Knew we'd get the school we got but was paranoid I'd messed up the application somehow and she'd be without a place. and still not sure whether it really is our preferred school. Argh! Too late to worry now but I am stressing!

AllTearsFlowFromLove Tue 18-Apr-17 00:11:23

I'm dreading having to go through that. My SIL just got hers through. I have DC a perfect nursery place and will be devastated if he doesn't get to stay on.

AllTearsFlowFromLove Tue 18-Apr-17 00:11:43

Goodnight though. Thank you for the chat and advice.

glorious Tue 18-Apr-17 00:15:21

That sounds stressful - DD' s nursery isn't connected to a school so at least we didn't have that to add to the list!

I appreciated the chat too. Do update the thread if you feel like it when you know how this month had gone. But I totally understand if you'd rather not flowers.

Night!

AllTearsFlowFromLove Tue 18-Apr-17 08:48:45

So he got in at 1am a little bit merry and was happy to oblige... if it was a second ov then we might catch it, if not he cheered up about the football!

glorious Wed 19-Apr-17 13:10:00

grin fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now