Talk

Advanced search

Worried: 16 days late, -ve tests, underlying issues?

(9 Posts)
littleemma1 Mon 17-Apr-17 00:40:42

Hi all
I'm currently having irregular cycles. On CD 52 with no AF. Came off the pill December 2016 as had been on for 11 years and wanted to get myself into a natural cycle before TTC. I had my usual withdrawal bleed and then 2 cycles since then, 1st was 6 weeks long and 2nd was 5 weeks long.
I'm now 16 days late for my projected AF based on ovulation, have had negative urine and blood pregnancy tests from GP now so I'm being sent for an ultrasound (were technically not using protection as using the withdrawal method hence the tests)
I have bad bad cramp pains like period pains both in my lower abdomen and back but no other sign of AF. Really hope there's no serious underlying issue when I go for the scan as will be starting to officially TTC soon. What are your stories please? xxx

emvy Mon 17-Apr-17 08:37:11

Hi littleemma. Your cycle sounds much the same as mine post pill. I've actually been off the pill for a year now but have very irregular cycles. In December I missed a period entirely and went to the doctors. As we were actively about to ttc, the doctor checked me for pregnancy (negative), and told me to keep testing every 3 weeks. She said to return day 1-5 of next AF to begin hormone testing. By mid January, 4 weeks after my doctor's visit, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! Big shock but incredibly excited. Never went back for those hormone tests as clearly I am ovulating. However, I experienced a miscarriage at 8 weeks and am now back to ttc with AF yet to make a proper appearance. I'm now unsure whether to bother going back to the doctor or not!! I'm clearly ovulating but not sure what's causing the irregular cycles.

I hope your ultrasound comes back clear. Best of luck with all your tests x

littleemma1 Mon 17-Apr-17 09:04:32

Hi Emvy!
I'm hoping when I go for the ultrasound that it actually turns out I'm pregnant because I'm terrified of having some underlying problem which means it'll be harder to conceive sad
The pain is now getting so bad though it makes me think it couldn't be pregnancy, I've had to start popping pills for the pain before bed which I hate but if not I'm awake all night.
Got my fingers crossed for you that it all works out! Xx

emvy Mon 17-Apr-17 09:19:23

I hope so too, I have everything crossed for you. Really my main point that I forgot to say was that my December period just didn't show up and then I obviously ovulated at some point in January, so missing a period entirely doesn't always have to be a bad sign that you're not ovulating. I'm not sure about the pains though, that is bizarre. Hopefully you get some answers soon.

physicskate Mon 17-Apr-17 10:12:35

I ovulated a week late this cycle after a cp last cycle. It was very painful including tenderness to the toy from lightly pressing on my tummy! Finally ovulated and felt much better!

littleemma1 Mon 17-Apr-17 10:31:03

I've been having bad cramps for 3 weeks though, surely ovulation can't take that long?! Honestly just wish AF would appear and put me out of my misery!

physicskate Mon 17-Apr-17 10:52:08

I had bad cramps for at least 10 days... stress can delay it, and if you are stressing about it being late, that can compound the effect! I'm not saying this is what's happening, but it is one possibility!

littleemma1 Mon 17-Apr-17 11:12:16

I'm not actually stressing about being late, I'm sort of nonchalant about it to be honest as I expected to be irregular for the first few months. It's just that bad now it's hard to stand up when it's at it's worst sad

physicskate Mon 17-Apr-17 11:36:19

Then it's probably a god thing you are going for an ultrasound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now