Talk

Advanced search

Recurrent MC/TTC supplements

(5 Posts)
princessconsuelobananahammock Sun 16-Apr-17 18:22:07

Hi all, on another research mission after MC #4 this week. I've had NK cells test & they're slightly raised, had cyclogest from CD20 & prednisolone from BFP but to no avail. AMH is right at the bottom of normal. Have 1 DC age 5 with no issues. This one was a blighted ovum so I guess the steroids never got a chance to work so I'm going to give it one last go.

Looking at supplements but there is so much out there that I'm getting boggled. So far I've decided to take (I think!):

Ubiquinol 200mg (until BFP)
Vitamin E (not sure how much to take?!) until BFP
Vitamin D3 50mg
Pregnacare Max with omega 3

There's also lots on taking additional folic acid but not sure how much to take.

Any advice?! I am well aware that I'm probably just literally weeing away a load of money but if I can prepare my body at all without causing myself any issues then I'll try it!!

Thanks tbusmile

ckc45d10 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:53:05

Good for you for doing your research! Here are two research articles on CoQ10 and male and female fertility to add to your reading list: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23912751, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26111777.

Also, it’s essential to choose a ubiquinol supplement that is both water and fat-soluble to be sure your body is actually absorbing it. Research shows that solubilized formulations of ubiquinol are absorbed better by the body and lead to higher plasma levels.
(Source: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Plasma+coenzyme+Q10+response+to+oral+ingestion+of+coenzyme+Q10+formulation)

user1470147116 Tue 18-Apr-17 16:31:30

“Fish oil caused a significant reduction (mean decline: 48%) in NK cell activity” according to this report:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11237929

The best ones are wild salmon oils:

www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/Wild-Alaskan-Full-Spectrum-Omega-Softgels.htm

Low dose aspirin 75mg and extra B6 is supposed to help avoid recurrent miscarriages too.

There will be enough folic acid in your Pregnacare supplements.

Also try avocados smile

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2168494/Avocado-diet-triples-chance-success-couples-undergoing-IVF.html

princessconsuelobananahammock Tue 18-Apr-17 17:45:13

Thank you both - I love avocados smile

user1470147116 Wed 19-Apr-17 09:16:13

This is quite a useful read too:

sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now