Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1mm uterus lining please help?

(8 Posts)
Helen290 Sun 16-Apr-17 13:54:11

Hi
Me and my husband were hoping to start a family however since coming off the mini pill last September which I was on for 6/12 then prior to that I was on the combination pill since I was 16 I am now 29, I have had no period not even a sign of one, I went to the doctors had all the hormonal bloods done twice and an uss and they have found that I have low oestogeon and my womb lining is only 1mm thick, I'm really worried my gynaecologist said that is the same thickness as someone who has gone through the change I am only 29!!, has anyone else gone through this? And has any advice that can help?,I am having more hormonal bloods done this week. Any help would be appreciated.

Aria2015 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:05:49

I had a similar problem. I did have periods but they were incredibly light and short. I had two missed miscarriages and as part of the care for them they discovered I had a very thin uterine lining. They did some tests and my prolactin levels were out of whack. I was in a very frustrating situation because they wouldn't do anything in terms of more tests or treatment until I'd had a third miscarriage.

Needing to be proactive I did a lot of reading online and found that baby aspirin was meant to improve the lining because it thins the blood slightly and this increases blood flow to the womb. So I started taking it after the second miscarriage and my third pregnancy turned out to be successful. Perhaps read up on the benefits of baby aspirin or ask your doctor? From what I understand a thin lining makes maintaining a pregnancy harder. It may affect how easily you can get pregnant too but I didn't have that issues, my issue was stating pregnant. Good luck!

Helen290 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:24:22

Thank you for your reply I will definitely ask my doctor about the aspirin, just frustrating because I haven't even had a period not even a sigh of one, how long did it take you to get pregnant? What was the time scale, just worried it might take years 😔

Aria2015 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:56:51

I got pregnant very easily, first try the first time, second try the second and then straight away (before having a period) after the second miscarriage. This was spanned over 10 months because I took a break from trying between the 1st and 2nd try.

Do you know if you ovulate? You can ovulate without having a period. There are ovulation sticks that tell you if you are.

The problem with the thin lining (as I understand it) is that it can't support a fertilised egg properly. Initially the egg gets all its nourishment from the lining and then after a certain amount of weeks the placenta takes over. So for the egg to survive the lining needs to be a certain thickness. There are treatments to help thicken the lining though so assuming you can improve the thickness and are ovulating, hopefully you can get and sustain a pregnancy. Best of luck!

Helen290 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:15:03

I'm not sure if I am ovulating but if I was I would have a period wouldn't I?, apparently the minimum the lining should be is 5mm it builds up in thickness through your cycle, I'm having more bloods done so hopefully my oestrogen may have improved, thank you for your help.

Aria2015 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:58:03

You can ovulate and have no periods because that happened to my SIL. She found out by accidentally getting pregnant!

Helen290 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:19:17

Was your oestrogen low tho? Sorry for all the questions.

Aria2015 Sun 16-Apr-17 21:35:00

I don't think so, I assume they would have picked up on it if it was because they systematically did blood tests at different points in my cycle. The results only showed that my prolactin levels were high and this can cause the lining to be thin (can't recall how now).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now