Talk

Advanced search

False bfp?

(8 Posts)
user1492168557 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:54:09

Hi, I have been trying for a baby for 3 years with no luck.

Today I am 9dpo, had regular sex
during ovulation. I normally have sore boobs about a week before AD but this week my boobs feel fine with my period due next Thursday. I'm Tuesday this week I developed thrush, I've never had this in my life. After googling I decided to do a HPT I bought lloyds own brand early pregnancy test. It is sensitive with a reading of 10mil/l . The test came back postitive with FMU. The line was faintish but 100% there. I read reviews and seen that they regularly give false postives. I'm so scared to do another because it's all I've ever wanted and I just have a feeling any other rest will be negative. Had anyone ever had a false bfp with Lloyds?

october17baby Fri 14-Apr-17 12:58:39

Hello smile
I would do another test and then one in 2 days time with FMU. Try not to flood the test with too much pee as can blur the reading smile it looks positive but you need to make sure so re test in a few days. A lot of woman have been claiming "false positives" but they are incredibly rare to get. It's normally user error and occasionally a batch error but still very very rare. You are very early on so it will deff be good to test in a couple of days and today just to reassure you xx

october17baby Fri 14-Apr-17 12:59:58

Also get yourself a clear blue digital so it says pregnant or not but deff do that one in a couple of days time x

BeeMyBaby Fri 14-Apr-17 13:03:07

Nothing to add other than I hope you get the BFP you want in a couple of days and please update this thread with the result ☺️

KitKat1985 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:26:29

Looks really hopeful to me OP. Can you do a clearblue tomorrow?

Emma2803 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:55:43

What about getting a first response early result. They are meant to be most accurate. And pee in a wee cup and dip it in to avoid flooding it

BeeMyBaby Mon 17-Apr-17 17:53:39

Did you retest?

Hotpinkangel19 Wed 19-Apr-17 18:16:12

@user1492168557 did you retest?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now