Talk

Advanced search

One last roll of the dice?

(9 Posts)
kitkat321 Thu 13-Apr-17 22:33:20

So bit of background - I'm 35, have a 2.5 year old dd. She is the light of my life - I love being a mum but it is a challenge esp as I have a full time pretty demanding but equally well paid job.

Before having dd I had 2 early mc's - both at 5+4 then a totally textbook (but very un enjoyable pregnancy).

Initially we decided one was enough but just before dd turned 2 I fell pregnant again and we were happy about this - a bit scared but happy. This time I made it to 5+6.

I decided enough was enough and we'd stick with one - I couldn't go through that again.

I was actually looking forward to more me time now dd is getting older - getting fit again, doing some dog training and focusing on work (was recently promoted).

But... I still wonder sometimes if I could try one more time? And if it doesn't work this time then just be happy with my lot and grateful for all I have - and I have a lot - we are very blessed.

I'd love dd to have a sister (I know you can't chose the flavour) and all the other things I want in terms of me time will still be possible in 3/5/10 years time.

Am I foolish to consider it?

FYI tests done after mc 2 and no obvious cause so I may just be very unlucky.

Koalaid Thu 13-Apr-17 22:35:41

No one can really answer this for you, as you know. It sounds to me like you already know the answer yourself and perhaps want some encouragement. It also sounds like you would regret not trying again, to me. I wish you all the very best smile

mistletoeprickles Thu 13-Apr-17 22:41:09

I'm sorry for your losses flowers

I had 3 consecutive losses last year (I do have a DD also) my story is slightly complicated because there was fertility treatment involved but we tried again and I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant. This time however I took a progestrone supplement from BFP onwards.

There was no reason for my losses but my consultant said let's try is as a just in case

. Whether it made a difference or not I don't know but could possibly be an option for you.

So in answer to your question no your not foolish to consider it.

Best of luck op in what ever you decide flowers

MrsELM21 Thu 13-Apr-17 22:41:22

Not at all foolish, go for it if you want to, I had a MC after DS and was tempted not to try again, we did and have the most amazing DD, I always feel it would have been such a terrible shame had we not had her, better to try than to regret not trying xx

amaranthie Thu 13-Apr-17 22:43:38

Sorry to hear about all you've been through. More than anyone you're aware of all the risks, yet you still want to try. That's a wonderful thing and if it is what you want, I think you should go for it.

StrawberryJelly00 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:00:20

Like previous poster said I think it's amazing that you want to try after the heartache you must have experienced with the loss.

Have no regrets & good luck whatever you decide

StrawberryJelly00 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:01:10

Amazing meant in a positive way by the way! For the strength that must take x

kitkat321 Fri 14-Apr-17 23:23:54

Thanks all - so today I stopped taking my pill smile

Going to just see how things go - I've fallen pregnant very easily in the past so fingers crossed in the next few month I might get lucky and stay lucky this time!

Koalaid Sat 15-Apr-17 21:55:17

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now