Talk

Advanced search

Have I missed my chance this month?

(3 Posts)
happybus28 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:00:19

So last DTD on Monday night (late on). Wont be able to DTD again until tonight (again probs late on) as DH has been away working. I got a positive OPK yesterday pm & it was still positive this morning. I'm worried that Monday nights DTD will be too long ago and tonight's will be too late sad bloody typical that he's away right at the important time especially as I have quite irregular cycles so don't always OV every month! Should I give up hope now or could it still happen?

CinnamonSwirlGirl85 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:23:34

My non-medical opinion is that it's certainly possible. It's unlikely that it will happen as a result of Monday's DTD (although if DH has super swimmers and you have the right "environment" sperm can survive for 5 days), but you have quite a good shot if you DTD tonight. Positive OPKs just show the surge before ovulation occurs, so there's no telling how quickly you will ovulate after you get your positive OPK.

We used to have that all the time when we were TTC#1. I'd get a positive OPK just as DH would head off for a 48 hour shift or I'd be sent away for work. TTC can be so frustrating!! Good luck x

happybus28 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:53:06

Thanks cinnamon it is very frustrating!! Trying to have the mindset of what will be will be as there's nothing I can do to change it now! Apart from jumping on my DH as soon as he gets home!! Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now