Talk

Advanced search

Confused temping!

(7 Posts)
dangle90 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:49:20

Hi everyone I know there's probably been loads of these posts, but just started temping this month and finding it all very confusing. Wondered if anyone could shed some light on my graph? I'm CD11 so haven't ovulated yet as far as I'm aware

physicskate Thu 13-Apr-17 10:13:54

Are you sure you're doing it at the same time each morning? Do you sleep with your mouth open? That is huge variation. My temp fluctuates by about 0.2C in each phase... but really the pattern will appear before vs after ovulation.

I've heard vaginal temps are more steady, so it might be something to consider??

dangle90 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:38:33

Yea doing it at a similar time every morning before work. I probably do sleep with my mouth open 😂 does that normally effect it then?

physicskate Thu 13-Apr-17 10:59:35

Yes. Mouth open will affect it...

but really it is just the pattern of low before ov and higher after ov that you're looking for. Other than that, the temps are totally irrelevant. It might take a cycle or three to find your own pattern!

dangle90 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:45:08

I'll just have to be patient then just find it all too consuming! Thanks for getting back to me Kate x

dangle90 Tue 18-Apr-17 09:54:40

Still don't have a clue what's going on 😩

physicskate Tue 18-Apr-17 11:43:14

Honestly, there is absolutely no pattern until ovulation, ever (and even then, only days later). Dont worry yourself about it. Stop temping - it is obviously causing you stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now