Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help with OPK translation

(12 Posts)
MummyBearToTeddy Wed 12-Apr-17 21:47:54

I've been ttc for what feels like forever and the more I read online the more I think I'm doing it wrong. I have IC OPK's because I do them twice a day and it was getting expensive using proper ones. 26mths into the journey and I'm thinking it's not happening.

Day 21 and day 3 tests show I am ovulating and everything is high where it should be. DH has a sperm quality test result of 2% but they're eager! All my sti tests and smears are negative.

Today I am at cd13 and think I'm starting early. Loads of ewcm but also tonight I have pain in my right side. It was slight earlier but is quite bad now. Bit like AF cramps but not so bad. Enough I might need to take a paracetamol though. Here's my opk tests so far this month. Does anyone know if it looks ok?

Oysterbabe Wed 12-Apr-17 22:20:02

This morning's test looks positive to me.

sitonyourbottom Wed 12-Apr-17 22:21:36

Yep positive

MummyBearToTeddy Wed 12-Apr-17 22:21:38

Thank you. I thought that. We DTD every other day because I was told every day was not as good and so tonight is an off night. Should i offer a wink and a nudge? 😆

Oysterbabe Wed 12-Apr-17 22:26:22

I would yes smile

MummyBearToTeddy Wed 12-Apr-17 22:33:42

Is every day too often though? Don't the little fellas need time to regroup? We conceived the DC doing it once a week when I stayed over on a Friday night 😆

Oysterbabe Wed 12-Apr-17 22:38:55

I've read various contradictory things.
Every other day is just as effective so no need to wear yourselves out going for it every day.
But if your partner has no issues with his sperm he doesn't need the rest day, his body can cope.
The way I see it the more fresh sperm that is there waiting for the egg the better.
When I conceived DD it was when we were having sex twice a day (honeymoon 😂)

MummyBearToTeddy Wed 12-Apr-17 22:45:03

His speech test showed 2% without damage/mutation etc which is borderline but the count and motility were all high so they're not bothered.

I'll see if he fancies it... my side is really achy so maybe I don't fancy it but I know I need to man up!

MummyBearToTeddy Wed 12-Apr-17 22:56:14

*sperm test not speech 😆

MummyBearToTeddy Thu 13-Apr-17 18:25:55

So this is today's tests (last one was an extra I did just now to double check. I definitely think I peaked yesterday/last night so I'm guessing today is ovulation day.

AmyC86 Thu 13-Apr-17 19:11:57

Peak was definitely cd13 xx you should ov soon xx

MummyBearToTeddy Thu 13-Apr-17 20:42:12

Worth doing anything tonight? We DTD last night and night before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now