Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Got my first PEAK - husband away.. nooooo

(6 Posts)
Emmastone123 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:53:19

Got my first peak today and haven't had sex since last Friday. Husband away for work. Back tomorrow at lunch time. I feel rubbish and really down in the dumps....Cheer me up people!!!

physicskate Wed 12-Apr-17 21:18:10

Peak means ov in about 24 or more hours. So you're still in with a shout if you pounce when he gets there!

Egg survives up to 24 hours after that too...

Emmastone123 Wed 12-Apr-17 23:52:35

Thanks physics! Fingers crossed! X

EffinElle Wed 12-Apr-17 23:55:07

Sure I read someone that sperm survives for x amount of hours in the body too, you never know it might already have happened smile

lookatthemoon Thu 13-Apr-17 00:00:40

I'm in a similar boat! DH away until Sunday and expecting a peak on Fri/Sat (or earlier!!). Willing myself not to ovulate.

I do have some hope for you though - This also happened in Jan (hubby travels a lot). I'm pretty sure I ovulated the day he got home, we got straight to it and I got a bfp! (Ended up being a chem unfortunately) but i got the bfp really early so it had to have been the 'dtd' the day he arrived home. Made it by the skin of our teeth I think but It can happen! Now I just have to repeat it on Sunday ... Fx for both of us!

Emmastone123 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:08:31

Thanks guys... he's back later today, so I will just pounce!
Sorry to hear about your chem lookatthemoon. I hope this month you get some luck!! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: