Talk

Advanced search

Temperature or ovulation checks

(8 Posts)
snowfee Wed 12-Apr-17 18:51:23

Is it better to buy the ovulation kits that you pee on or a digital thermometer to track your body temp to determine when you are ovulating?

Oysterbabe Wed 12-Apr-17 19:12:04

Both smile

snowfee Wed 12-Apr-17 19:14:25

I was afraid someone might say that. I just don't think I can do both without causing myself to get obsessive about it which is something my DH has specifically said he wants me to avoid.

WantToGoingTo Wed 12-Apr-17 19:14:31

Both! I only started temping this month but it has provided definite reassurance of exactly which day I ovulated which is great smile but temping only tells you after it's happened, opks give you add acne warning of when it's going to happen so both together are good

snowfee Wed 12-Apr-17 19:25:51

Sounds like a trip to boots is what I'll be doing sometime over the easter weekend then!

Emma2803 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:38:58

Order from Amazon or eBay will be much cheaper than boots!! I use the cheap one step test can get about 50 for £6

MoonlightMojitos Wed 12-Apr-17 19:56:16

If your cycles are regular and you're dtd regularly then I'd say just go for the bbt. It'll confirm you've ovulated and then you can tell when af is due/when to test. But if you're not dtd every other day or so then definately use the opks to tell you when it's time to get busy!

Oysterbabe Wed 12-Apr-17 20:10:47

Yeah it does depend on your personal circumstances. My toddler doesn't sleep do I can't temp as up and down like a yoyo all night. This also means I'm too tired for sex really so like to OPK so we can focus our efforts at the right time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now