Talk

Advanced search

TTC, no periods and mixed OPKs - HELP!

(7 Posts)
Girraferama Tue 11-Apr-17 14:47:57

Hi all

I came of the pill to ttc my second dc in November. I've not yet had any periods but twice a month I get strong hormonal feelings - nausea, fatigue, sore boobs, irritability.

This month I started using OPKs to try and work out if anything was happening. Mid month I got faint positives for 4 days. DTD several times around then and have tested each day since. My 2ww would have been this weekend and I've had 3 faint positive OPKs again. Have done POAS and got BFN each time..

Obviously i'm not ovulating twice - now I don't know if i'm even ovulating at all!

Can anyone explain?!!

physicskate Tue 11-Apr-17 15:08:45

If there is a faint second line on the opk, that is a negative. You don't get faint positives, either positives or negatives. The second line has to be as strong as the control line or stronger to be classed as positive. Anything else is negative...

I think it is probably time to see your GP, they might be able to do something for you, or they might tell you to wait longer.

Really sorry you are going through this frustration.

Girraferama Tue 11-Apr-17 15:11:28

Thanks - I went to GP after 3 months but they told me to wait until 6 months, so I've got a few more weeks to go before I go back.

None of the lines I've had have been as dark as the control line, so presumably negative, but I do only get the second line at the same time I get the hormone symptoms, which makes me think something is going on even if i'm not ovulating?

Emma2803 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:02:44

Perhaps you are getting a bit of a surge but not high enough to actually trigger the ovulation? Hopefully the Dr's will be able to get things sorted for you!

Oysterbabe Tue 11-Apr-17 18:17:35

Since coming off the pill this time my cycles have been a lot longer than they were last time. At about CD13 my OPKs darken without turning positive then fade out again, then 12 days later darken again but turn positive then AF arrives 13-14 days later. It's like my body gets ready to ovulate but doesn't then has another go a couple of weeks later. Maybe the same thing is happening with you but you haven't quite managed to ovulate yet.
I hope your cycle sorts itself out soon. flowers

Girraferama Wed 12-Apr-17 10:56:11

Thanks oysterbabe that's exactly what's happening with me, but i'm not getting the AF.. how long has that been happening with you?

MaisyPops Wed 12-Apr-17 20:57:45

This thread is rrwlly helpful.
Weve not prevented for 9 months (off the pill a year) and ive just read that being underweight for years actually limits fertility. Apparently being a skinny teenager can havr lasting fertility outcomes. Ivr always eaten heathily and exercised regularly for the last 3-4 years.
Im about to contemplate trying OPK yo find out if im actually ovulating but thr entire thing is confusing to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now