Talk

Advanced search

Ultrasound result - please help

(6 Posts)
ButterflyBird Tue 11-Apr-17 12:54:15

In desperate need of some advice/previous experience.

TTC #1 with no luck and hadn’t had a period for 6 months so went to Drs who gave me some blood tests for PCOS, Hormones, Thyroid, Lipids and a few others – covering all bases. Everything came back clear, all levels were normal so he sent me for an ultrasound last week. My follow up appointment is tomorrow but I called just now to check they had my results in time for tomorrow, they do and the lady said there was a note with them saying ‘PCO Appearance’.

My appointment tomorrow can’t come quicker, I just want to know what’s going on sad has this happened to anyone else? Is PCO different to PCOS?

xxx

logburnie Tue 11-Apr-17 13:01:05

I think PCOS can be quite tricky to diagnose - I have it but when I went for the same ultrasound as you to try and confirm diagnosis the sonographer was really snippy with me, saying that I shouldn't have been sent to her as she couldn't always see defining features, but that didn't mean I did or didn't have it...

Try not to worry, there are quite a few things that can be tried to get you ovulating. I was the same as you and would have months and months between periods, but I had various treatments to get me ovulating - now got 3 kids. Frustratingly, pregnancy seemed to reset me and now I don't want to have any more I have a reasonably predictable cycle confused

Good luck!

Bethan2 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:51:36

I was diagnosed with PCO but not PCOS and managed to conceive my son no problem. Good luck x

SummerHopin Tue 11-Apr-17 16:02:17

Hi there.

Yes PCO and PCOS are different. PCO is the physical appearance of follicles on each ovary, and PCOS is the hormon imbalance.

You can have one without the other, or both.

If it is PCO or PCOS we have a thread specifically for that - called 'PCOS support group'. You are welcome there if you want any advice smile

ButterflyBird Tue 18-Apr-17 14:31:53

Thank you ladies smile

Had the appointment with my GP and all went well. I do have PCO but not PCOS. I've been prescribed Metformin and my period has come back after 3 days of taking it! grin

Thank you Summer I'll head over to the thread smile

allthecheese Tue 18-Apr-17 18:05:05

Was just about to say I have exactly the same thing. PCO is only categorised as PCOS if you have some symptoms (i.e. overweight, facial hair etc), so if you don't have those, and are ovulating then all should be good, nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now