Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage and IUI

(5 Posts)
Olivia1984 Tue 11-Apr-17 07:27:37

Hi. I was waiting on my period this month to start our first round of IUI. My period never came and I got my positive result. Sadly I miscarried the following week at 5 weeks, which broke our hearts as we thought we had managed it naturally after nearly 3 years ttc. To make matters worse, I now need to have 3 natural periods before we can start IUI. I'm gutted we cant start sooner! Anyone else had a similar experience?

LisaSimpsonsbff Tue 11-Apr-17 07:42:37

I'm so sorry you're going through this flowers. I had a miscarriage at five weeks last month, and it looks like I'm going to have another at a similar time or a bit earlier this month. We've not been trying nearly so long, though - it must be so tough for you. It's so unfair that this happened to you, and that it delays the IUI. It might be worth posting about this on the infertility board - I suspect you've got a better chance of finding someone who had the same problem with miscarriage delaying treatment. All I can say is that I'm so sorry and that I hope you're doing ok.

Olivia1984 Tue 11-Apr-17 07:53:20

Hi Lisa. Thanks for your message. Im really sorry to hear that you are going through this also. What makes you feel that you will miscarry again? I suppose we need to look at the positives and that we can fall pregnant naturally. It doesnt make things much easier though. We went from the ultimate high to such a low in under a week. Hopefully we fall pregnant again before the IUI starts in August. Sending u a big hug and hope that u r ok. x

LisaSimpsonsbff Tue 11-Apr-17 08:04:38

Thank you. I think I'll lose again because I retested and the lines aren't getting darker, and in fact this morning (I'm 4+2) looked a bit lighter. This is exactly what happened last time - I guess they're not implanting properly but for some reason are hanging around for a bit after my period is due. You're right, it does mean we can get pregnant - we hadn't been trying that long (six months before the first one), but I was still astonished to get pregnant two months in a row. Hopefully you'll fall again soon, and this one will work out. Again, I'm so sorry. It's rubbish and in my experience so far other people aren't that sympathetic, unfortunately.

Olivia1984 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:23:05

I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa but you should stay positive and try not to worry yourself too much. I know that's so much easier said than done and that u know your own body better than anyone else but you jst never know. Stay positive but at the same time stay realistic. My story is similar to yours. When I went to the doctor for confirmation he did a urine test and it was so faint that he booked me in for bloods the next morning. I just knew something was wrong at that point so I went home and done a test which was so faint it was almost negaive. A few hours after getting my bloods done I started to bleed and then the cramps started that night. I done a test the next day and it was negative. Phoned the doctor and he explained it was likely an early miscarriage. The blood results only confirmed what we already knew. It is so sad and I'm guilty of putting on a brave face and pretending I'm fine when deep down Im holding back my tears. My other half has been great but I just dont think he gets how sad I am about it all. I guess all we can do is try gain naturally until August when we can start our IUI. I really hope you have a happy experience this time and will keep my fingers and toes crossed for u. Please let me know how u get on cos I'll be thinking about u. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now