Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

AMH/FSH results

(5 Posts)
vintagegirl77 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:04:30

Hello, I had my AMH, LH and FSH tested on day 3 of my cycle, by my gp, as requested by my consultant at a private mc clinic.

My AMH was 25 pmo/l and I was told by the receptionist that this result is abnormal as I need to be in the 0.7 - 21.1 range (I'm 40). I don't know what this means and I'm struggling to find info online as most results are in ng. Does anyone know how 'abnormal' 25.0 is?

My LH is 7.6 lu/l and my FSH is 6.3 lu/l.

pickle162 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:09:39

Hey,

Sorry your clinic weren't great at explaining and just worrying you.
I think the view is if your AMH is over a certain amount you are more likely to have polycystic ovary syndrome

Have u got an appointment booked to discuss with the consultant where they can go through all ur results?

vintagegirl77 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:30:13

Thanks for this Pickles, really helpful. I'll get in touch with the private clinic in the morning. I don't know much about polysystic ovaries, but will do more googling.

UnaOfStormhold Mon 10-Apr-17 21:44:21

Hmm, I had really high AMH (57 at age 36) and no signs of PCOS (including on a scan) so the consultant said this was a good sign and that I had better ovarian reserve than most women my age. On this basis he recommended delaying IVF and a BFP turned up a few months later!

pickle162 Mon 10-Apr-17 21:52:29

Yes obviously it's not always the case it's pcos

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: