Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant and scared

(11 Posts)
BelleBeauty82 Mon 10-Apr-17 10:48:39

My period was due Saturday and didn't arrive so I tested yesterday and got a positive on a first response and clearblue digital. I am currently waiting to attend my appointment at the recurrent miscarriage clinic.

I have had 3 miscarriages within the last 10 months. We decided to keep trying while I was waiting for the appointment. I'm so anxious it's unbelievable. When I spoke to the GP about the referral he told me to go see them as soon as possible if I get pregnant again. But I'm not sure why. If something is going to go wrong then surely there isn't anything they can do to stop it at this early stage?

I don't really know what I'm asking for. Just wanted to get my ramblings out and if anyone has been/is in a similar situation. I hate getting a positive test and can't get excited. I'm just waiting for it all to go wrong again.

Mummyme87 Mon 10-Apr-17 10:55:26

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I understand how anxious you are with your miscarriage history. The recurrent miscarriage clinic may start you are progesterone pessaries and consider giving you aspirin to help the pregnancy continue.

keeponrunning85 Mon 10-Apr-17 13:28:00

I too am pregnant again after 3 miscarriages. It is a very worrying and stressful time. I keep reminding myself that essentially what will be will be and am managing to be reasonably accepting that most of the time.

Have you got your appointment through for the clinic yet? If so it might be worth ringing up as they might see you sooner in case there is anything they can suggest. I've had my appointment but as my last miscarriage was due to a chromosomal abnormality there wasn't anything to be done.

Can you get early reassurance scans? I can through my EPU. I'm going for one on Wednesday morning.

BelleBeauty82 Mon 10-Apr-17 14:19:45

Thanks for the messages. I don't have my appointment through yet. No idea how long the wait is. I got referred about 10 days ago. I think I know how this is going to end. I have so little optimism now.

Good luck running for your scan. Hope everything goes well. How many weeks will you be then? I might give it a week and if I'm still pregnant then give the doctor a call. He did say he would refer me for a 6 week scan next time.

WantToGoingTo Mon 10-Apr-17 14:29:47

Didn't want to read and run.

Can't imagine how worried you must be. I have everything crossed for you, it would be so torturous to put you through that again. Like ladies above I have heard similar about aspirin being prescribed, progesterone and later on minor cervical procedures. I guess it depends on the cause of your previous miscarriages as to what treatment they can offer.

I will be thinking of you and hoping for you flowers

Stripeymug Mon 10-Apr-17 14:45:11

I am taking baby asprin after my MC, I figure anything that can help. My GP said that I could take it up to about 34 weeks. Might be worth a try?

BelleBeauty82 Mon 10-Apr-17 15:29:52

Can anyone tell me what baby aspirin is meant to do? And if I don't need it will it harm the baby? Thank you. smile

Mummyme87 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:04:00

I know it helps thicken the uterine lining to assist with implantation but then it also plays a role in helping a pregnancy continue. It won't do any harm. It's used widely pregnancy

keeponrunning85 Mon 10-Apr-17 17:30:44

I'm also taking aspirin belle. I decided to of my own accord, mainly so I could feel like I was doing something differently this time. From what I can make out it won't do any harm and may help.

I'm hoping I should be somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks at my scan on Wednesday if things are progressing ok.

SleepFreeZone Mon 10-Apr-17 17:34:28

Definitely still attend the appointment. I had three miscarriages and when I fell pregnant the next time I was on baby aspirin, progesterone and a blood thinner that I injected from about 14 weeks through till the end. DS2 is now asleep upstairs. I have no idea if any of these things helped but I'm really glad I threw everything at it.

BelleBeauty82 Wed 12-Apr-17 15:04:44

Thanks for all the advice and I'm sorry others have gone through the same. I'm pretty sure that this pregnancy isn't going to carry on. I tested again this morning and the line is much lighter so just waiting for the bleeding to start now. Feel so upset.

My appointment isn't until the end of June. There are just no appointments available. Not sure whether to go down the private route now. Could be months and months before I even have a blood test. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now