Talk

Advanced search

Sex on day 6.... do I sound pregnant?

(8 Posts)
simionminion Sat 08-Apr-17 20:51:33

So, DH and I have been using natural methods of contraception for 3 years. All fine so far, tracking temperature, really got to know my cycle etc etc. I am usually quite regular, always within a couple of days for my period. However, I guess we've gotten quite complacent and don't track as well as we used to, it's worked up to now, so it must be safe kind of attitude.
Anyway, we had unprotected sex on day 6, my period lasted 5 days. I had terrible cramping part way through my cycle like never before, I don't usually get ovulation cramps, my cycle is udually 27-29 days. In the past week, I've felt bloated, urinating during the night which I never usually do and Ive had increasing bouts of nausea. I put the nausea down to a virus, but the virus has pretty much gone and today I almost vomited at the smell of black pepper, whilst yesterday the smell of a favourite dessert was enough to knock me sick. I have also felt so exhausted, I could have slept on the kitchen floor this afternoon. It has just occurred to me today that maybe I am pregnant?
I cannot test atm as DH is away on business and I would hate to find out without him. I am however due on my period tomorrow and I'm not sure it's actually going to arrive... a hunch.

Has anyone else gotten pregnant after having sex straight after a period? I'm a bit stumped. But these symptoms are bringing back some familiar memories...

AprilSkies44 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:54:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

haveacupoftea Sun 09-Apr-17 09:16:15

It would be extremely early for those symptoms if you are pregnant. But I agree just do a test.

EsmeeMerlin Sun 09-Apr-17 09:21:55

How can anyone on here tell you for sure, only a test can. Just take the test

PurpleDaisies Sun 09-Apr-17 09:25:46

If I had a pound for the number if times I thought I was pregnant but I wasn't, I'd have a much nicer car on the drive.

I'm not sure what you expect people to tell you. You could be pregnant. You could not be pregnant. The only way to know is to take a test.

Oysterbabe Sun 09-Apr-17 10:56:12

It would be unusual to get pregnant from sex on day 6 but not impossible. Just test.

SillySausage34 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:39:52

Yes you're pregnant.

No you're not pregnant.

AprilSkies44 Sun 09-Apr-17 17:25:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now