Talk

Advanced search

Day 21 progesterone

(5 Posts)
TurquoiseDress Thu 06-Apr-17 09:59:01

Hello everyone

TTC for 9 months now, have been to GP to ask for blood tests to check things look ok.

Had my progesterone tested the other day- it was on CD22- cycles are usually 28/29 days.

The result was 57.8- apparently this is normal

Wanted to ask what what kind of day 21 progesterone levels did you get?

Is there any more information you can read into the result, apart from confirmation that ovulation has taken place?

Also, my FSH was 6.7 and LH 3.6- done on CD2

Finding this TTC rather soul-destroying (MMC last summer) having fallen pregnant straight away twice previously.

I am 38 yrs old, going to be 39 later this year

penguinsandotters Thu 06-Apr-17 11:32:48

Hi turquoise that is a good day 21 progesterone. Anything more than 30 indicates ovulation. It's only accurate if you have a regular 28 day cycle. It doesn't give you any further information as your progesterone levels rise and fall.
I'm 38 and TTC#1. Been trying for about 15 months now so I know how soul destroying it is. Good luck!

user1470147116 Thu 06-Apr-17 11:41:07

Hi TurquoiseDress

My progesterone was 36 on Day 21.

Doctor said anything above 30 usually means ovulation took place.

My FSH was = 5.1 IU/L tested on day 1 of cycle
Ideally FSH should be low as better, high levels indicate diminished ovarian reserve. Ideal 3.5-12.5.

My LH was = 7.6 IU/L tested on day 1 of cycle
Ideal 2.4-12.6 ideally LH should be low as better

TurquoiseDress Thu 06-Apr-17 12:33:05

Thanks for the replies- feeling reassured that my results seem to fall into the "normal" category.

But still doesn't stop me wondering why it's taking so bloody long!

Next step is getting DH to do sperm sample

TurquoiseDress Thu 06-Apr-17 21:12:26

Oh dear, now I'm worrying that something is definitely wrong- if I'm definitely ovulating and we have been having sex all the way through my fertile window each month...but yet not pregnant!

I know this is all within "normal parameters" but I've not had this experience before- have been extremely lucky & fallen pregnant straight after stopping the pill, which I'd taken for almost 15 years before my first pregnancy.

TTC messes with your head big time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now