Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

I need a second opinion please

(19 Posts)
TheLongRains Wed 05-Apr-17 11:25:24

Is this actually a line?? I see grey fuzziness... Does grey fuzziness equal a line?

TheLongRains Wed 05-Apr-17 11:26:25

I also see how gross that door frame looks up close... I'm going to go and scrub it clean to distract myself whilst I wait to pee on a thousand more tests later...

Swirlingasong Wed 05-Apr-17 11:26:41

Yep, looks like a line to me!

TheLongRains Wed 05-Apr-17 11:52:21

Oh wow. Hmmm... We're an "infertile" couple, so I did not see this coming... Aaahh!!

I don't know how to deal with that!

It's very very much wanted if it is actually positive, but I almost don't want to believe it, just in case it's just a false positive...or a grey fuzz...

But if it is real...aaaahhh!! I don't think I'll tell my husband just yet, but will give it a few more days and see if it keeps happening. It should get darker, right? By tomorrow? Or should I wait til the weekend?

Flypaperforarseholes Wed 05-Apr-17 11:55:33

I see a line. Give it a week and it should be clearer. Or, do what I would do and retest every morning, returning to stare at the strip several times...grin Fingers crossed for you.

Chattycat78 Wed 05-Apr-17 12:33:18

Definitely a line! no gray fuzz about it!

MrsBobDylan Wed 05-Apr-17 12:48:35

That's a pretty strong line, you have a bfp, many congratulations! You made me laugh about the door frame...I am so nosy I always look in the background of pee stick pics, but if it's any consolation, I didn't see a dirty door in yoursgrin.

Roseandbee Wed 05-Apr-17 12:59:14

Yes there's def a line there!. How many dpo are you? And how long have u been ttc if u don't mind me asking, we have also been labelled with unexplained infertility. Everything crossed for you!

RedDahlia Wed 05-Apr-17 12:59:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheLongRains Wed 05-Apr-17 16:28:05

Yikes. So it's looking like it might actually be a line. I'm going to hold off on any further tests (ha.ha.right) until Saturday, then will see if it's darker. Period due tomorrow anyway, so will see if that happens in the meantime...

Glad you didn't notice the door, MrsBob! It's much cleaner now ;)

Roseandbee, I gave up with really tracking things about four years ago, when we were told my husband has pretty much no sperm... It seemed pointless for me to keep tracking things, as we were told ICSI was the only way forward. I'm usually clockwork though, which is why I know my period is due tomorrow. My eggs must be super-grabby, given this is my second pregnancy in four years, with practically no sperm to play with. Magnetic eggs.

We've not prevented ever in four years, so I guess two pregnancies is pretty low still, but extremely high for the sperm count we're working with...

Well, now to keep calm til Saturday...

ConfessorKahlan Wed 05-Apr-17 16:32:36

I wouldn't be able to wait until Saturday! I definitely see a line, so I would be out to the shops to buy another test to do ASAP.

Sazwest Wed 05-Apr-17 20:22:05

I see a strong line @TheLongRains I'd deffo wouldn't wait till Saturday lol x

TheLongRains Wed 05-Apr-17 23:37:16

After four years of known infertility (and the months before that too), I've become pretty used to peeing on tests that are always negative. In fact is say it's an addiction wink . I now bulk buy internet cheapies, and have found it's a reliable way of getting my period to start within a few hours... angry take a test, see the stark white, then start bleeding.

So I've got no need to go out to get further tests, I've got about 45 sitting in my t-shirt draw (husband never goes in there and has no idea about my habit)...i just need to decide whether to be strong until the line will hopefully darken, or whether to go wild and pee on all 45 in the next day or two... wink

Sazwest Thu 06-Apr-17 09:33:57

@TheLongRains I'd be doing another one lol. X

user1470147116 Thu 06-Apr-17 09:53:43

Yes, its a line!

TheMrs04 Fri 07-Apr-17 14:50:49

I definitely see it!! Any update?

TheLongRains Mon 10-Apr-17 11:37:33

Well, after the first test, I took four more over the next few days and the lines got clearer. But today I've taken another test (well, four more, in case they were faulty...) and all were negative sad

It was a short-lived happiness. Thanks for all the hope and good wishes though smile

user1471496670 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:58:28

Oh no, I'm so sorry LongRains ((hugs)) xx

MrsBobDylan Mon 10-Apr-17 19:06:53

Crikey, that sucks, am sorry flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: