Talk

Advanced search

21 day progesterone test question

(3 Posts)
pollyerrington Wed 05-Apr-17 10:42:52

Hi everyone, I'm new here smile
I've just had the test and my results came back as 32 nmol/L.

My question is... when I had the test I didn't do the standard 21 days.
I took the test 1 week after I 'knew' I'd ovulated.

After my normal menstrual cycle I get a peak of clear fluid, which from research shows I've at my peak ovulation period - so I took the test a week after that - which I've read is also acceptable.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this. Or do you think I should get it redone for sure at 21 days, I'm a little worried now after reading the forums.
My GP suggested I do it the way I did.

I'm 36 years old and have been TTC for 1.5 years.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009, but have now had a new GP argue whether I have PCOS or not :/ (I've lost 5 stone since originally diagnosed)

I'm also due to get a spinal cord stimulator some time this year as well as number other surgeries which complicates things and will now delay TTC until at least late next year or maybe even later... sad

Sorry for the long and complicated post!
Thanks for any help/advice!

YouBoggleMyMind Wed 05-Apr-17 13:49:15

Hi Polly, what it really should be called is a 7 days past ovulation progesterone test as that's what it really is. It's only day 21 if you ovulate on day 14. You would need to adjust it according to when you ovulated which by the sounds of it, you did. I was told that as long as the score is above 16, you have ovulated.

AmyC86 Wed 05-Apr-17 14:14:17

Took the words out of my mouth boggle my dear friend xx

polly just a suggestion but why don't you join myself and boggle on PCOS support thread??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now