Talk

Advanced search

Sick of the whole thing

(11 Posts)
hmyh23 Tue 04-Apr-17 21:46:13

Forgive me, just want to have a rant tonight. Cycle 7, no joy, complicated by the fact my husband works away half the week. Having sex 3 times a week which I don't think is a ridiculously high amount, today is the last day of my fertile period according to Ovia and he's 'too tired'. I'm f**king tired as well. Just feels like all of the effort and worry is pointless if he can't even be arsed to make a proper go of trying, I feel like I may as well go back on the pill and just concentrate on my career. I know I'm being overly emotional and there will be others who have been trying a lot longer here but I'm just sick to death of the whole thing. Feel like my life is on hold and can't book holidays, apply for new jobs, make major plans. Also ive had flashing smileys 12 days in a row on the CB ovulation tests so I can't tell whether I've missed the surge or just not ovulated this month which is obviously a worry. Baby bombs are being dropped on me left right and centre, 5 in the last week on Facebook & a close colleague.

Sorry for ranting, just had to get that all off my chest and I don't feel like I can really talk to anyone about it in real life xx

Loxy4527 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:30:07

Rant away, it's a shite time.

I feel for you with husband being tired. It's a really weird change in dynamic, especially if before you both enjoy having sex whenever the mood strikes and then suddenly it becomes a chore. Equally stressing the importance of having sex during FW makes it even less appealing. Pretending to be turned on is hard work.

On the ovulation tests - have you tried the cheap ones you can get on amazon? You actually see the line so you can compare the strength of them over a number of days and get a better idea of when the peak might have been. Also way cheaper than CB. You can pick up practically the same sticks from boots under their branding but there's a bit of a mark up in comparison to Amazon.

Baby bombs also suck. But at least you can drink to their success! ;P

Much love, keep at it, we'll get there eventually x

hmyh23 Wed 05-Apr-17 06:37:52

Thank you, you're right, we will all get there. I might just sack off ovulation tests completely next month anyway. I do feel for him re the tiredness but to be honest I'm still angry because if this is what he wants (and he does, more than me), it's not going to happen any other way than having lot of sex. 😡

Tentativesteps133 Wed 05-Apr-17 07:10:14

My advice would be don't put your life on hold! Plans can be changed when you do get pregnant but it's a double blow if you miss out on things that you are actually able to do when it comes around. I know how you feel though, I find myself getting annoyed at DH when he works late so we can't DTD when in reality of course he'd rather not be doing 18 HR days!

hmyh23 Wed 05-Apr-17 07:15:24

Yeah it's more booking holidays I'm worried about as I don't want to lose out on the money. Although Sod's Law it will probably happen if I book a mega expensive holiday that can't be cancelled!

Sunshineandlaughter Wed 05-Apr-17 07:26:42

Have you been to the GP for hormone tests? Constant flashing smileys shows that you aren't having regular cycles - it might be that you aren't ovulating or you have estrogen dominance....

Sunshineandlaughter Wed 05-Apr-17 07:29:40

And book holidays etc. Why would you have to cancel them if you got pregnancy? As long as they are within the next 7 months you'd always still be able to go.

- Get to GP for tests (say you've been trying a year if you have to)
- book whatever holidays you want
- ease off your husband this isn't his fault
- rant away - trying to conceive when it's not working is horrible!!

hmyh23 Wed 05-Apr-17 17:21:56

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better just for moaning. This is the first month I've had the smileys. I'm going to go to the GP if nothing has happened by July.

Emmastone123 Wed 05-Apr-17 19:18:31

Hi Hmyh23.

I'm in a similar boat to you. My husband works away for half the week too! Honestly been thinking of freezing his sperm or something haha!! I'm using the clear blue advanced fertility monitor-which is pretty good, only just started though. We haven't been trying for very long but I was trying convince my husband on Sunday to have sex before he went away, and he said he was too tired! I was tired too but honestly I just wanted one chance before he went! Ugh. It's like he thinks I'll just get pregnant by looking at him... I'm feeling a bit stressed too! I just want a positive!

hmyh23 Wed 05-Apr-17 20:33:52

We just need to find a bit on the side for the days they are away 😂😂

Emmastone123 Wed 05-Apr-17 21:17:34

Honestly - it's terrible. I've even been tempted to drive and meet him halfway in some B and B or something hahahah!

I don't know what I'll do on a 'peak' day... that's if it ever bloody happens...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now