Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice again please

(7 Posts)
user1490872816 Tue 04-Apr-17 00:04:47

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but my husband and I want to start trying for a baby. But I am unsure how often we need to dtd.

Luv Meg
Xxxx

Bubblegum89 Tue 04-Apr-17 00:14:34

You need to figure out when you're fertile. If you download a fertility app like Ovia or fertility friend and put in as much info as you can about your cycles (how many days they are, how long do your periods last etc) it will give you a rough idea of what week to dtd and which days give you the best chances of conceiving. If you use OPK's to track your LH surge and a basal body temp thermometer you can chart your ovulation as well. It'll take a couple of months to get used to things but it doesn't take long to figure it out. Dtd any old time won't with, you have to be in your fertile week. Once you are, you can dtd every day if you want or every other day (they recommend at least dtd the day you get a positive OPK and the day after and maybe even the day after that) sperm can survive for around 3-5 days so it can sit there and wait for your egg to come down so dtd every day isn't a necessity if it's too much. Good luck!

user1490872816 Tue 04-Apr-17 00:24:35

Thank you. I have period tracker and it tells me when I'm fertile. What's OPK? Sorry am new here.

Bubblegum89 Tue 04-Apr-17 00:30:42

OPK is an ovulation predictor kit. You dip them in your urine and the test line will gradually become darker the closer you get to your LH surge. The line will eventually become as dark or darker than the control line meaning you are having your surge and your ovaries should release an egg within 12-36 hours smile

PrimeraVez Tue 04-Apr-17 03:34:38

Honestly, I would start by just trying to have sex around three times a week. If you haven't fallen pregnant after a while, then maybe try ovulation tests etc but I would honestly save the stress and the pressure if you can. There are some physical indicators that can tell you when you are in your fertile sign that once you know them, are usually obvious, so you can always ramp up the amount of Sex you are having when you spot them.

PrimeraVez Tue 04-Apr-17 03:35:10

Fertile week, not fertile sign.

user1490872816 Tue 04-Apr-17 08:57:31

Thanks. I track my periods mainly so I don't get caught short.

Xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now