Talk

Advanced search

Positive tests then negative tests

(5 Posts)
SpeckyB Mon 03-Apr-17 10:37:23

Hi

I did a couple of pregnancy tests last Tuesday on the day my period was due. They were done in the afternoon. The clearblue digital said 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' and the first response had a clear line. So I thought I was pregnant.

I did the other clearblue digital this morning with FMU (6 days later and about 18 days dpo) and it said 'not pregnant'. So I did a first response test and that had a very faint line.

So I think it may be a chemical pregnancy. I have no spotting or pains.

What happens next? Should I contact the doctor? Is there any hope?

Thanks for reading.

user1491111724 Mon 03-Apr-17 13:19:34

I would speak to the doctor and ask for a blood test ... that will confirm you hgc level. Best of luck

PrimeraVez Mon 03-Apr-17 13:55:04

Hi, sorry to hear this. I had a chemical pregnancy in January and whilst it was emotionally upsetting, physically it was uneventful and I just had a slightly heavier than normal period. As you haven't had any bleeding, I would ask for a blood test to heck your HcG levels but once my period arrived, my doctor didn't ask to see me again.

SpeckyB Mon 03-Apr-17 14:42:21

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go to the doctor for a blood test if no sign of my period by Friday. It's such a strange feeling to have the initial excitement and now be in this period of waiting for it to end. The day is really dragging.

Keep thinking the FRER was had a line but I know that things can't be right if the CB digital is now negative.

user1491111724 Mon 03-Apr-17 14:45:56

I wouldn't rule it out .... until I you have your period. I didn't get a "pregnant" on digital ,I am currently 10 days late, and about 25days dpo and I this morning have only just got a positive on a line one , I have had two not pregnant the day I test period due. The tests are never accurate would def get bloods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now