Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Opks

(1000 Posts)
Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 15:50:03

Hey guys when do You all do your opks is it morning then before bed.
My app says I ovulate on 4th so just took an opk the pic is below.
I've only got 1 left so will take that in the morning. Can you buy opks from the high street shops. I'm gonna order some off eBay now.
Can you girls please show me your positive opks so I know what I'm looking at lol xx

goldielocks29 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:33:39

FMU isn't necessarily the best as there are generally always some levels of LH present and they are more concentrated in the morning (or so i believe).
I generally test at 10am and then after work sometime in the evening.

It'll be really obviously when you get a positive as the test line will be as dark, if not darker than the control line.

I've seen OPKs in the pound shop and Tesco if that helps, think most places sell them....just not as cheap as eBay/Amazon x

user1471496670 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:44:45

Best time to test is mid-afternoon, the test line needs to be as dark or preferably darker than the control line. I've attached my most recent positive.

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 16:45:23

Thanks I'm going to grab some from town tomorrow xx

Bubblegum89 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:54:20

I take mine mid-afternoon and late evening. Mine tend to be darker in the evenings, this was my last OPK (before I ran out of them!)

lisara79 Thu 30-Mar-17 17:38:47

I think it seems to be different by person.... I was testing early afternoon and evening and not getting a dull positive. I started testing first thing in the morning and I started getting strong positives.... I know that makes me unusual though!

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 19:01:56

I've just ordered more off eBay xx

MummyBearToOne1988 Thu 30-Mar-17 19:11:25

I always have a faint positive on those on my morning wee. I use them in the afternoon or evening.

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 19:54:51

Yeh think I'm just gonna use them late afternoon and before bed coz hubby is at work through day anyways so don't see the point in testing on a morning lol x x

Wibblewobble100 Thu 30-Mar-17 20:02:41

I agree I only ever got positives with FMU.

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 20:21:33

So use 1st morning wee xx

MummyBearToOne1988 Thu 30-Mar-17 20:23:22

Well I meant with any time of the month I always get a faint positive so I'd advise later on xx

BlueSpottyTiger Thu 30-Mar-17 20:42:21

I've been doing them 3 times a day for the last 2 days just to see.. and my opks seem to be the darkest after lunchtime when compared to the morning or nightime ones. no idea why though 🤔

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 21:04:00

@BlueSpottyTiger I wonder why. The only reason I wasn't gonna take one on a morning is coz my hubby will be at work so we can't do anything but least if I have done one after lunch then before bed and it comes up positive he will be home. The app I have says i have a medium chance of falling pregnant today and tomorrow and Saturday then a high chance Sunday, Monday I ovulate Tuesday then it's medium chance Wednesday lol . So we dtd last night, then this morning lol. He asked today when I'm lost likely to fall so I've told him. His words were ok well guess we are dtd everyday till end of next week haha xx

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 21:19:21

@BlueSpottyTiger when should AF arrive for you I'm not due it till 18th April xx

BlueSpottyTiger Thu 30-Mar-17 21:19:45

Hehe! Yeah we're doing everyday too grin when you get a positive opk i think its 12-24hours before you release an egg or something like that? Might have to dtd twice that day 😋 I'm sure someone more clued up will be able to help with what i jave jist said im not 100% sure if im right?
I didn't realise it was you saz who posted this! Are you okay? Xx

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 21:55:14

Yeh I'm doing ok I said to the hubby I guess it wasn't meant to be. Hoping April is my month x

So does that mean if I get a positive opk Monday dinner time the egg releases some time Tuesday ( that when app says I ovulate it might be wrong but opks will pick it up) and I dtd both them days (most probably be morning before hubby goes to work) I have a really good chance?

I said that to the hubby that I'm suppose to ovulate Tuesday so want it morning and night that day so I know I've given myself a good chance: I know that sperm can live for up to 5 days can't it so I'm hoping.

goldielocks29 Thu 30-Mar-17 23:32:18

Saz, use the apps as a rough guide, but until you've got a good few months data under your belt they can be unreliable. I'd keep an eye on the OPKs and rely on those more than your app.

Good luck!

Sazwest Thu 30-Mar-17 23:37:55

Yeh I'm using the opks everyday from when my app says there's a chance of pregnancy up u till after ovulation has been and gone xx

BlueSpottyTiger Fri 31-Mar-17 00:56:39

saz oh good! Glad your okay smile . Yeah potentially, if you get a positive its means your ovulating within a certain timeframe.. im sure if you dtd once a day that's fine but i think I'll do it twice too once i get a positive...im due AF on the 15th.. 15days to go! I'm just abit concerned about my proposed Lutal phase being 12 (ish) days. Xx

Sazwest Sat 01-Apr-17 00:39:06

@BlueSpottyTiger this is gonna make me sound thick but does the TWW start the day after ovulation ( so for me my app says I ovulate Tuesday) so will Wednesday be 1dpo for Me xx

Sazwest Sat 01-Apr-17 22:03:55

@BlueSpottyTiger ??

BlueSpottyTiger Sat 01-Apr-17 23:59:32

Oh sorry didnt see you had replied,
Yeah tww starts after ovulation but i wouldn't just go off the app as that predicts. I would go off positive opks (darker than the control) and would start counting the day after a positive one. i finally got a darker than control today..my tww is only 12 days this cycle smile xx

Sazwest Sun 02-Apr-17 00:09:12

I think I'm due to ovulate Tuesday but will be taking a opk 1st fmu as I just got 30 more opks In the post today. But me and hubby have dtd everyday for the last 5 days and will carry on dtd until at least Thursday so I know I'm hopefully In with a good chance lol xx

Sazwest Sun 02-Apr-17 00:10:05

@BlueSpottyTiger how come yours is only 12 days this cycle xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.