Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Temping - for newbies!

(6 Posts)
MulderitsmeX Wed 29-Mar-17 18:35:27

Hi all
I've now got myself a thermometer (a basal one) and just wondered if anyone had an idiot's guide to tracking. As I understand it this is how it goes:
Put thermometer into vaginally canal slightly
Must be same time every day before getting out if best
*now do I leave it until it beeps (which mine does), or leave it for 20 mins? Mine beeps after 30 seconds but not sure if it is accurate if some people do 20 mins.

Clean- should I use diluted tcp or baby wipes?

Am being a bit of a dunce about this!!!

HbH Wed 29-Mar-17 19:11:46

As i understand, oral use is fine... immediately on waking, until it beeps, same time everyday!

user1471496670 Wed 29-Mar-17 19:17:24

As above, I temp orally every morning. There's really no need to use it vaginally.
Same time each morning, needs to be at least after 3hrs unbroken sleep, leave it in my mouth until it beeps.

BertieBotts Wed 29-Mar-17 19:31:18

It's fine to do it orally and just until it beeps. 20 minutes seems overkill to me.

I just wipe it on the bed sheets blush But then I'm only sticking it in my mouth.

I don't always do it at the exact same time, it does mess up your chart a bit, but it's normally still possible to see a pattern. Also, as long as it's within an hour or two it's normally fine and doesn't mess anything up. If you use fertility friend then it will automatically show an open circle if you do it out of time or tag that you were ill or had drunk alcohol on that day, so you can see if there's a weird temperature whether it's likely to be an anomaly, and if it's messing up the chart AND is an open circle you can always discard it for that day.

MulderitsmeX Thu 30-Mar-17 06:52:35

Ah great thanks all, will do orally I think and use a baby wipe.

MulderitsmeX Thu 30-Mar-17 06:52:52

Ah great thanks all, will do orally I think and use a baby wipe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now