Talk

Advanced search

4 days late to scared to test

(11 Posts)
HappyCrazyTired Tue 28-Mar-17 15:00:21

I'm 42 years old and have been ttc for 10 months now. I know my chances are pretty slim and my miscarriage risk is higher this time too. I am currently 4 days late and too scared to test,I'm just getting over the flu and have convinced myself that's why it's happened. How late have you been and not been pregnant ?

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Tue 28-Mar-17 15:03:37

Two weeks. I was on a walking holiday and so much exercise caused me to ovulate late.

You have to test though, you know that, or else you'll drive yourself crazy. Can you get one, screw up your courage and do it?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 15:04:14

I conceived my ds at 42. Hang in there!!
Make a cuppa and eat cake. . Then test!!
Update us for more support cakebrew

AmyB1986 Tue 28-Mar-17 15:35:54

I was 3 weeks late and not pregnant. Stress caused mine to be a no show.

I'd do a test if I were you to put your mind at ease either way and go from there.

HappyCrazyTired Wed 29-Mar-17 12:14:54

I gave in ordered a test to come on my online shop today and it started during the night. I'm gutted,I just don't think it's meant to happen again for me ☹️

Stripeymug Wed 29-Mar-17 15:13:39

Are you tracking ovulation? I say this as I didn't appear to ovulate this month and my period was late and I am left wondering if my later periods in the past have been months where I might not have ovulated and I am kicking myself that I didn't track this, I lost sleep with excitement when late. I am also 42

HappyCrazyTired Wed 29-Mar-17 16:33:02

I'm not @Stripeymug I use a period tracking app that gives me a rough idea when ovulation may fall and keep an eye on my cm around this time. We were hoping using a more laid back approach would make it less stressful but it's obviously not working for us. How long have you been trying for? X

Stripeymug Wed 29-Mar-17 16:42:48

I have been TTC since May 2015, started laid back but now getting a bit serious about it due to age. Considering Clomid if I don't seem to ovulate, also considering IUI.

ChangeAComin Thu 30-Mar-17 19:14:40

Any news OP?

ChangeAComin Thu 30-Mar-17 19:15:16

Sorry !
Missed the post about it starting 😟

HappyCrazyTired Thu 30-Mar-17 20:41:08

Might have to start being more serious as I'm constantly aware that time is running out for me. I feel so guilty that I desperately want another child though as I have four already and some people don't have any..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now