Talk

Advanced search

Any advice :)

(22 Posts)
Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 08:13:16

Hello ladies
I am wondering if anyone had any advice for me at all..

Right where do I begin lol!
Basically my periods are irregular and usually once every 3 months which is a pain when TTC - last month I got prescribed some tablets to start my period off but I don't think I've ovulated.
Last Thursday I had ( sorry for the TMI) a lot of white discharge but didn't look like ovulation discharge to me ( I could be wrong)
Now AF was meant to arrive yday and it hasn't - I took pregnancy tests at the weekend as I just didn't feel myself. Two came back + positive and the rest were negative? Which has confused me but my question is... if I go back to the Doctor tmo they said they can give me more tablets & something for ovulation but what if I ovulated later and could be pregnant ? would this tablet to help my periods harm the baby? As it would force a period? I am so confuse what with the + tests :/ I just am looking for any advice please x

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:15:55

Were all the tests the same brand? Different tests pick up different levels of pregnancy hormone. . So the + ones may be correct and the - ones just weren't as sensitive. .

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 08:37:36

The + ones were both Sainsbury's and the - were most cheap ones from Asda however I did a first response yday and that was also - :/ x

littlemimosa Tue 28-Mar-17 10:50:26

Alice, if i were in your situation i would def not be taking any medication if theirs a chance I could be pregnant.
I would wait until I knew for sure.
Also If i wasn't pregnant i would want to work out why my cycles were irregular. There's a website called floliving.com which is all advice on balancing hormones, getting your cycle right and fertility. I would be avoiding medication at all costs. It annoys me how quick doctors are to prescribe pills to 'fix' women's hormone issues. Anyway, rant over, good luck!

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 12:49:11

Alice, if i were in your situation i would def not be taking any medication if theirs a chance I could be pregnant.
I would wait until I knew for sure.
Also If i wasn't pregnant i would want to work out why my cycles were irregular. There's a website called floliving.com which is all advice on balancing hormones, getting your cycle right and fertility. I would be avoiding medication at all costs. It annoys me how quick doctors are to prescribe pills to 'fix' women's hormone issues. Anyway, rant over, good luck!

No I don't want to take any incase there's a chance I am and it just taking a while to show up.
Yeah I really want to know why I am irregular all of a sudden... I have had scans& bloods and all back normal except one hormone was slightly raised they said? Could that be why my periods are irregular? Ahhh cool Thankyou I will go and check that website out now smile I agree doctors just give tablets and then think it'll help xx

toadierocks Tue 28-Mar-17 13:12:00

If you have had a positive pregnancy test then you are pregnant - false positives cannot happen only evaporation lines. If they came up within the time frame then yes you're pregnant - some tests have a higher sensitivity so they show up earlier. If you can go out and get a very sensitive test preferable with a pink dye and try again to test tomorrow morning with the first wee of the day. I offer a tentative congratulations but whatever medication you got prescribed I would stop taking today and seek immediate medical advice from your GP. Best wishes and let us know how you get on x

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 13:25:18

The first one came up with a skinny line to the right of the + and then the other one I saw it very faint at first & then over time it went into a + but then Monday I did one and it was just one line so a negative & that was with a first response test with the pink/ red dye :/
I will re test tmo again
No I'm not on them tablets anymore they were only for 10 days last month and then I came on my period but AF was due to show yesterday and it didn't which isn't a big thing as I'm irregular anyways but I'm not taking any of the medication prescribed only boots conception tablets x

littlemimosa Tue 28-Mar-17 14:45:42

Alice can you attach a photo of the tests?
Yes I would say that one hormone out of balance could cause the whole system to mis-behave, but then disclaimer i'm not a doctor!
Did they say which one was slightly raised hun?

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 14:56:34

Yes I'll attach them now smile
& no they haven't ever actually said which hormone was higher but they said it was slightly raised but have always said to me that it wasn't anything to worry about? And that was when I had 5 lots of bloods done and lots of different things were checked... :/

littlemimosa Tue 28-Mar-17 17:15:31

Hmmm i'm not an expert at all on hpts. The blue dye one looks positive to me but not the pink dye one. Can anyone else shed light on this?

ifeellikechickentonight Tue 28-Mar-17 17:32:50

Two of those definitely look like positives so I'm offering very cautious congratulations.

I wonder whether the tests are different sensitivities or if there were different hcg levels in your urine depending on how much you'd drunk before, as if you've had a lot of water it dilutes the urine. I would take a pink line test with first wee of the day tomorrow to see if it's still a positive. Some tests work on only 10 miu (amount of hcg in your urine), others won't show a positive unless there is 50 miu so it's possible you're very early days and some tests are getting it while others aren't. I've heard anecdotally that pink dye tests get fewer false positives (evaporation lines) than blue dye ones.

When you go to Dr tomorrow why not explain what's happened and ask for blood test to check your HCG level, they can then repeat in a couple of days to check whether the amount has risen sufficiently for the pregnancy to be viable?

Let us know how you get on

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 17:52:06

Thankyou so much for your comment! smile

I am very cautious too!.. I don't want to get my hopes up but something deep down is telling me I'm not pregnant?.. but I have had a few of the signs especially today the tiredness is unreal a few twinges in my belly a little feeling of sick & a few moments of oh my boobs feel sore lol! but I don't know if that's because I'm thinking about it and my mind is playing tricks with me

I think I will defo ask for a blood test tmo and I will ask to do their pregnancy test too.. I will do the first wee of the morning in my pink dye first response test and then I'll let you know how I get on.. just don't want to get my hopes up!..we have been ttc for a while now since our MMC last April.. which is still sore as it's coming up for a year sad... & with that one I didn't have any sign I was pregnant till 6 weeks which maybe I am one of those ladies who doesn't know their pregnant first off.?! We're see :/ I am very scared and nervous but if I'm not I would then like something to help with this irregular periods and wonder if anything can help get them back on track! Xx

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 17:55:01

The pink dye one is the one worrying me as it's neg where as the other two I would of said + unless there evap lines?... the first one came up I could see a clear line making it a + but to the side of the - line if that makes any sense and then the other one took a while to show? I just don't know

Hotpinkangel19 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:52:03

The blue dye thin line is an evap....sorry xx the thin lines are well known for it x

ifeellikechickentonight Tue 28-Mar-17 19:03:58

How do you know it's an evap pinkangel? I thought I could see colour and it's an evap if you see it as grey? Hard to tell by a photo though

Alicejj8x Tue 28-Mar-17 19:32:52

The thin line that was the one that came up literally straight away.. :/ I always thought the evap lines were grey and the second one which you can see a clear + is blue down the middle to ;/ but I don't know myself really either :s

Alicejj8x Wed 29-Mar-17 07:08:02

Just did a first response test & it's coming back negative? :/ off to the doctors I shall go xx

ifeellikechickentonight Wed 29-Mar-17 07:53:16

Oh rubbish, sorry to hear that. Let us know how you get on at the GP

Alicejj8x Wed 29-Mar-17 09:45:41

Doctors useless & had no appointments today! So tomorrow it is lol! Thankyou! Xxx

Hotpinkangel19 Wed 29-Mar-17 16:52:44

Because Evaps on those tests are almost always a thin line, google it and you'll see so many stories. They are well known for thin blue lines being evaps xx

Alicejj8x Thu 30-Mar-17 08:00:37

About to get an appointment for today! But do you think the doctor will say to me I'm only 4 days late on so give it another week? Even though I know 100% I will not come on my period now for 3 months? I'm worried there going to turn me away?? I know my body and before they have sent me away and to wait 2 weeks and guess what I didn't come on by myself. It is every 3 months & when ttc there is no way I can wait 3 months for a period with no sure sign of ovulation either! sad

Alicejj8x Thu 30-Mar-17 12:43:52

Thankyou for all the sweet messages smile
I have done there pregnancy test & it has come back still negative.. he said the positive was more than likely a evap line as the others would of shown it up by now and I did clear blue and he said the clear blue ones are basically the exact same to what they use at doctors.
My LH hormone I found out today was the high hormone that came back from my blood test.. is that bad or good?... he said it wasn't anything to worry about and was only a bit higher than the 'normal' level...
he has prescribed me more tablets I was on to help my period.. but for a longer course so I take one tablet 3 times a day and take it for 10 days then I will have a period.. then wait till I am meant to be due on again if nothing comes then take the second back of the tablets and then after both packs if I still don't come on o need to go back and he'll refer me to a gynocologist but he said they will only do the tests I've had done at doctors and could possible give me hormone treatment but he said if it was anything bad it would of shown up in my bloods & scan! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now