Talk

Advanced search

its all gone weird. just need to vent but opinions welcome!

(16 Posts)
AprilSkies44 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:34:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WelshMammy123 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:42:30

Hi April,

I don't know the answer to your question other than to say that I don't think luteal phase length changes month on month so if you ov late then AF (if she shows) will likely be late as well. Spotting and cramping sounds positive though so fingers crossed!

I really wanted to comment and to say I'm so sorry for your tfmr. I had a tfmr in October and it's hands down the hardest thing I've ever been through. Wanted to reach out and just say I'm sorry really x

AprilSkies44 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:47:21

WelshMammy123 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:52:38

I feel the same about our decision - it was heartbreaking but I know it was the right decision given the awful situation and diagnosis.

Have you had any hormone tests done at all?

I think if you fell pregnant relatively easily before then a rainbow is definitely possible irrespective of your age! Do you have any dc already? X

AprilSkies44 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:57:30

BertieBotts Mon 27-Mar-17 17:02:47

Late ovulation isn't necessarily menopause, could just be late ovulation. I think you'll have to wait until the end of the week at least.

AprilSkies44 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:27:18

BertieBotts Mon 27-Mar-17 19:46:03

Yes but it's always your luteal phase which is consistent, not your overall cycle length. So if you ovulated late and your periods are regular you'll have a late period by the same number of days ovulation was late by. Always.

Honestly, it's just one of those weird things - I've been TTC over a year and it happened to me last month, I think because I was ill over the period I would normally have ovulated.

AprilSkies44 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:07:45

BertieBotts Thu 30-Mar-17 22:10:42

Wait and keep testing. Fingers crossed for you!

littlemimosa Thu 30-Mar-17 22:36:07

April, I mean this in the nicest possible way but you need to calm down!
Everyone has weird cycles from time to time (especially us 40 somethings) and I firmly believe stress can mess them up too. It sounds like you've been through a lot recently and if you're getting all het up too about your cycle length your body will pick up on that.
You've got to focus on the positives ie you fell pregnant easily recently and just trust it'll happen (talking to myself here too!). Try some meditation apps or book something relaxing like reflexology, some massages or acupuncture.
I'm also in my forties and ttc #3 and have noticed some slight changes in my cycles recently but not every cycle and definitely when I'm more stressed.
Wishing you lots of luck.

AprilSkies44 Fri 31-Mar-17 17:42:20

littlemimosa Fri 31-Mar-17 22:19:40

I hear you. I've thought (panicked) that too when my cycle has gone a bit 'off' the odd time recently but listen you're not suddenly going to go into menopause. You're not going to go from having regular clockwork cycles to suddenly bam that's it all over. Have you thought about getting any tests done? Not that I think they are a 100% true reflection of your fertility mind. Any sign today of anything?

littlemimosa Fri 31-Mar-17 22:27:47

And I meant to say, it isn't uncommon to have an anovulatary cycle occasionally. Ie one where you don't release an egg that month. That would cause a longer than normal cycle. It happened to me last year abd i got a six wwek cycle which was v odd for me but ive sonce read up about it and its actually not that uncommon. But then everything went back to normal after for me. Hope that helps!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 31-Mar-17 22:30:51

Hi op. Exactly the same position except I mc naturally last year.
45, a week late but bfn,
Doc told me last year virtually no chance of another baby.
Haven't told dh I am late as he was so devastated last June when we lost the baby.
flowers to all of us oldies still ttc. .

AprilSkies44 Sat 01-Apr-17 13:38:55

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now