Talk

Advanced search

No symptoms in tww... am I out?

(23 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Mon 27-Mar-17 09:45:36

I'm 6dpo. Since coming off Nexplanon, I've had quite a lot of tww symptoms. The main one being very sore/tender/huge boobs starting the day after ovulation. I have also been getting bloating, fatigue, increased appetite, cramps and twinges... I've had all of those from ovulation to a day or so before af for the last 3 cycles since being implant-free in December. I'm now on cycle #4 and I got a positive opk on Monday (hadn't had a positive the last 2 cycles, only "almosts" although I could have surged overnight and missed it) so I'm now 6dpo and I have nothing in terms of symptoms at all.

I'm not tired or bloated, my appetite is at a normal level lol more noticeably, my boobs are FINE. Not tender or sore at all which is a big deal considering the last 3 cycles, I've almost cried having to wear a normal bra and sleeping without a bra was equally as bad. Now, I'm not complaining but I'm worried that no symptoms is a bad sign.

Obviously elevated progesterone is what causes pms so I'm worried that maybe my progesterone is low. Which means definitely no chance for a pregnancy. Is it possible for your levels to go that low randomly? My cycles are very regular so no issue with long cycles or anything.

Just need some reassurance that this is totally normal and not a bad sign!

Bubblegum89 Mon 27-Mar-17 14:49:51

Anyone?

FairyAnn Mon 27-Mar-17 15:07:17

I can't offer anything constructive OP, just didn't want to read and run. As far as I know, everyone has different symptoms, so it's not impossible that you've caught.

Sorry I can't be more help

PrimeraVez Mon 27-Mar-17 15:50:22

Obviously we are all different but the cycle that I got my BFP with DC1, I had no symptoms, and that's what tipped me off that I might be pregnant. No cramps signaling that AF was impending, no spots, no tender boobs and no mood swings. Fingers crossed for you.

WelshMammy123 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:50:44

Hi,

I agree with PP that we're all totally different. With my dd I had no symptoms other than cramping around 6-7 weeks. I was so symptomless it didn't occur to me to test till I was 8 weeks. I've had two unsuccessful pregnancies since. The first of those I don't remember having symptoms - just felt different and like I knew I was pregnant. Second time I found myself getting awful night sweats, headaches, sickness and again just knew.

The 'just knowing' isn't helpful though as I feel like I 'just know' every month now we're TTC again and no BFP as yet.

Perhaps the lack of symptoms this time for you are a good sign as that suggests something different this month? Fingers crossed for you x

Pancaker Mon 27-Mar-17 16:54:53

I had no symptoms until about 10 weeks, even when I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks I still had to be convinced it had worked. Just hang on until official test day and don't over think, I know it's hard.

Bubblegum89 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:47:12

Thanks for your replies, ladies! I've been pregnant twice but I wasn't ttc either time so I can't remember if I had symptoms or not. All I remember is getting really sore boobs and nausea when I was about 4 weeks gone. I've felt so confident every month especially with the symptoms I was having but obviously not got a bfp yet. I've read a lot of women got a bfp the one month they didn't have any symptoms but I guess everyone is different and no symptoms or loads of symptoms don't necessarily mean anything. I'm so far away from af as well so I'll have to wait it out! I just found it weird as I thought you got increased progesterone as it helps prepare for a pregnancy but no symptoms seem to suggest little to no progesterone. So confusing! As long as it's nothing bad like I'm not ovulating or I have low progesterone then that's okay smile

RoseGoldHippie Tue 28-Mar-17 07:51:35

When do you test OP? fX for you smile

Bubblegum89 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:37:52

rosegoldhippie af isn't due until weds/thurs next week! So long to wait lol it's weird having no symptoms at all after having the last few cycles be really intense lol not that I miss the painful boobs, constipation, tiredness, lack of energy and wanting to cry/kill someone every two minutes! If af does show up (which I'm sure she will) I hope this wasn't a one off and I always have no symptoms during the tww lol

Chattycat78 Tue 28-Mar-17 21:38:51

Yeah sorry the symptoms or lack of symptoms mean absolutely nothing. I know it's hard not to analyse, but you're really better off if you try not to. Good luck.

Bubblegum89 Tue 28-Mar-17 23:18:23

Thanks, as long as no symptoms isn't a bad thing re I'm not ovulating or I have low progesterone then that's fine! I know it doesn't mean anything in terms of pregnancy or not smile was just panicking a bit thinking something could be wrong. Is it possible it could be something to do with coming off the implant?

Hannahbanana1725 Wed 29-Mar-17 08:32:09

I'm in exactly the same situation op!! But, first day of missed AF today. She's not shown up yet. I've had absolutely NO symptoms, what so ever, and last month i had almost every symptom, the worst cramps and sore boobs.
Starting to think maybe it's my month (fx).
Completelt forgot i could have tested this morning, and went and weed without doing it grin maybe tomorrow if she's not reared her ugly head! grin

TheGrumpySquirrel Wed 29-Mar-17 08:48:10

No symptoms this cycle and got my BFP this morning! 10dpo
You are not out!

Hannahbanana1725 Wed 29-Mar-17 09:18:41

Grumpy!! Now I'm so tempted to go wee on a stick!

Bubblegum89 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:17:51

Congrats grumpysquirrel! smile

hannah ooh test in the morning! I'm not holding out any hope that this means anything for me. A few people I've spoken to have said that anything "not normal" is often a good sign but before the implant, I'd never had pms symptoms before and have only had them for 3 cycles since coming off so that's what would count as "not normal" for me and still didn't end up pregnant lol I'm guessing it could mean that maybe my body is just back to normal after contraception? I hope it's good news for you though! I've read a LOT on forums etc about women who have said the one month they had no symptoms was the month they got their bfp which I find weird as I thought progesterone was supposed to increase to support a potential pregnancy and the increase is also what causes pms symptoms so you'd think if you had no symptoms then there's not an increase in progesterone so you can't end up pregnant. Just when I think I finally understand ttc, something else confuses me!

Good luck with testing, come back and update!

TheGrumpySquirrel Wed 29-Mar-17 15:29:00

Often it's the DROP in progesterone as AF looms that causes PMS I think. So that's why you feel ok the week after ov then horrible before AF? I also had no symptoms before coming off pill and have though I was pregnant cycle 1 and cycle 2 as my body experienced normal PMS for the first time in years!

Bubblegum89 Wed 29-Mar-17 17:19:28

What cycle were you on when you got your bfp grumpy? And that makes sense I guess! After coming off the implant I was getting super sore boobs (I would have to hold them when turning over in bed they were that painful) along with real bad fatigue, really lethargic, crazy appetite, lots of cramping, nausea on and off. This cycle I feel actually kind of good lol it's weird. Nice, but weird! If I'm not pregnant (which I'm sure I won't end up being) then I hope this is how all my cycles will go. The sore boobs were really not fun at all sad

mummabubs Wed 29-Mar-17 17:29:42

Personally I had no signs whatsoever- totally traditional in that the first inkling for me was a no show of AF and then 4 days after AF due my teeth started hurting really badly for 48 hours, so not even one of the more common pregnancy signs! We were very lucky to get pregnant on our first month of TTC but during that hideous two week wait I really tried to not get sucked into the temptation to symptom spot- so many pregnancy signs are the same as regular prep for AF that I figured it wouldn't be helpful to me to try and guess either way! Best of luck OP xx

TheGrumpySquirrel Wed 29-Mar-17 17:35:25

Cycle 3 off pill

Bubblegum89 Wed 29-Mar-17 17:35:39

Thank you mummabubs smile I was very obsessively symptom spotting the first 2 months of ttc. Last cycle I just took everything with a pinch of salt. I've been pregnant twice (but wasn't ttc) and my first symptom after missed af was really sore boobs so when I got them in my first two cycles ttc, I got very excited! I'm starting to think that my lack of pms symptoms is to do with coming off the implant, maybe my body is back to normal now smile x

Hannahbanana1725 Thu 30-Mar-17 08:31:32

No AF, bfn sad

10storeylovesong Fri 31-Mar-17 08:43:25

I've been ttc #2 for 3 years and maniacally symptom spotting. I have terrible PMS from a week before due af which includes nauseous, sore boobs, dizziness, emotional.... every month I convinced myself I was pregnant. In January this year I realised it was a couple of days before af was due and I felt fine. No symptoms whatsoever. So I tested at 10dpo and got a nice clear bfp. I'm 13+5 today. Bizarrely I had 4 early mc last year where I had all symptoms early and it appears I may have low progesterone. I've been taking progesterone supplements this time around which appear to be helping. From around 6 weeks I've had every symptom and feel generally rotten!

Symptom spotting means nothing so early! Good luck!

Bubblegum89 Fri 31-Mar-17 09:14:25

That's such great news 10storey congrats on your pregnancy!! Still no symptoms over here other than dry mouth/very thirsty but I know that could mean a million different things so not reading too much into it. I'm sorry for your losses, it's weird as I always thought it was the higher levels of progesterone that caused symptoms in the tww in the first place and that's why I was worried I had low progesterone due to having no symptoms but I suppose that isn't the case. Puts my mind at ease a little! Hope you have a lovely pregnancy smile

Sorry to hear you got a bfn hanna sad never gets any easier to see them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now