Talk

Advanced search

V light periods post bc

(14 Posts)
Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Mar-17 19:06:12

Hi all. Finished the pill on New Year's Eve. Since then I've had three 27/28 day cycles with positive opks around cd16 but my periods are v light. Only lasting two/three days max. Not just spotting, red blood (tmi) but prior to the pill I remember them being about six days long.
Just wondering if anyone else has found this? We are actively ttc but no BFP yet.

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 26-Mar-17 20:04:19

Anyone?

Emma2803 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:41:57

Oh I was just gonna post about this today too!! I was on cerazette and stopped mid Feb and have just had my first period and it's very light. Started wed at 4pm ish and was proper red red but not as heavy as before and was all but gone on Saturday morning except a few brown spots.

Pre pill I would have been heavy first two days then lighter last 3. Even when on combined pill it was heavier on a week off. I've only really had one proper period in the past three years as I came off pill ttc #1 and fell after first period and started bc again before I got a period after birth.

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 27-Mar-17 07:02:33

I'm just a bit worried that with the light periods that my body is not quite back to normal yet.

Emma2803 Mon 27-Mar-17 07:29:58

It is a worry isn't it. I suppose though you are definitely ovulating again and your cycles are back to a normal rhythm. A lot of people it takes months for it to come back and even longer to become regular!

I'm wondering whether for me it's cos I'm older and have been on bc for a long time. I started it when I was 21 and was and was on for 8 years before stopping to get pregnant and then back on for 21 months since my son was about 8 weeks old.

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 27-Mar-17 16:38:51

How long did it take you to conceive the first time?

Emma2803 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:30:56

I was pregnant 10 weeks after stopping. I was on combined pill, it took 7 weeks for my period to arrive and then three weeks til I ovulated again and I was lucky and got pregnant then. Really hoping I'm as lucky this time too!!

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 27-Mar-17 20:14:46

Wow that's incredible - 12 weeks down here confused

Emma2803 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:26:41

I think I was just incredibly lucky!! My lb is two tomorrow!! So excited about having another!! My plan this month is to dtd every other day and keep my fingers crossed!!
Will this be your first baby? Oh it's so exciting!!

Sshsecretenclosed Mon 27-Mar-17 21:50:39

It is yes. I have got a lot on work wise, which I know doesn't help. I'd love to DTD every other day this month but also don't want to put myself under lots of pressure - ttc is a minefield!

monkeysaymonkeydo Mon 27-Mar-17 22:07:20

I stopped my pill in October and periods have been very regular but also very light and much lighter than when I was on the pill. How do you even know if you are ovulating/back to normal? Just presumed I was as AF does happen if only lightly! I was on the pill about 15 yrs and I'm 34. Glad to hear stories when this has been the case but bfp has still happened

Emma2803 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:22:32

Well it's my plan to do that but with a toddler and a full time job a lot of the time I can't be bothered!! Lol.
I know it can be an awful stressful time and in reality when I got pregnant last time I got a positive opk on the sat and Sunday and dtd on the Sunday night and got very lucky!!
Monkey I do ovulation tests so I know when I ovulate.

Dollydaydream2829 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:46:48

Hi ladies,
I was on the pill for over a decade until I stopped last year to TTC. My periods were also much lighter than I remembered with only a day of heavy bleeding and a couple of days of light bleeding/spotting. I also worried like mad but I got my BFP after 6 months, only 3 of these months actively trying. So keep positive smile

Sshsecretenclosed Tue 28-Mar-17 17:17:39

Thank you. I love hearing positive stories! I think this month - no opks, no fussing and stressing. We're taking a break next week so hopefully just relax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now