Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with one tube ? How long did it take you to catch ?

(6 Posts)
wondermonkey Sun 26-Mar-17 19:01:59

Hello, I had an ectopic last July and it ruptured. The doctors decided to remove the tube. I've been ttc since with no luck. The doctors didn't mention to me if it would take longer or be harder to catch and google has given me mixed messages. Has anyone caught with one tube and if so how long did it take you to catch ? Thanks in advance

littlemimosa Sun 26-Mar-17 21:04:11

Hi. I do have two tubes but I only have one ovary. It took about 12 months to conceive my first, (age 33), 2 months to conceive my second (age 35) and i had a m/c too recently which was first month of ttc. Am trying ttc my third at age 40. Only on month 1 so let's see. Although it took a while to conceive my first I really believe that was nothing at all to do with only havin one ovary. Looking back we were timing it all wrong and not dtd enough. Am really soryy about your ectopic, that must've been tough. How long did it take you to conceive and what age are you? Is it your first baby? Have your cycles gone back to normal?

IAmALionTamer Sun 26-Mar-17 21:09:53

Like the PP I'm not exactly in your position but do only have one ovary. It took 6 months to conceive DS and just 1 to conceive this pregnancy.
I'm very sorry to hear about the ectopic, wishing you the best of luck TTC. Have fun! grin

SacharissaCrisplock Sun 26-Mar-17 21:21:16

I only have an ovary and tube on my left side (ruptured & twisted ovarian cyst when I was 19 on the other side) and it took us 2 months when TTC when I was 38.

Everyone always told me it shouldn't make a difference but I was always doubtful so was prepared for the long haul but it was ok after all.

Good luck!

PoshPenny Sun 26-Mar-17 21:23:14

Hi it was a long time ago now, but it didn't affect my fertility at all. I got pregnant again very soon afterwards. Ectopic in May, positive test the following November. Then slipped up with contraception after she was born and I ended up with 13 months between my daughters. Now in their 20's. I had been so worried I'd not get pregnant again and never have a baby without major interventions because I was only firing on one cylinder! It's probably all different now, but I had to have a very early transvaginal scan as soon as I knew I was pregnant again to make sure the egg had made it to the womb and the new pregnancy was viable. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you x

wondermonkey Mon 27-Mar-17 07:57:16

Thankyou everyone , lovely
Positive stories I was worried about what I was going to read at first .

It's great to know I needn't worry. My doctor didn't give me any advice at all after the op so I wasn't sure.

I'm 33 , ectopic was last year and and I have 1 dd already. It took the first month of trying to catch with her and I caught for the ectopic on the first try too. Been trying now since September but no luck. The good thing is my cycles are back to normal 28 days .
Thankyou everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now