Talk

Advanced search

Cycles after coming off birth control...

(2 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Fri 24-Mar-17 09:14:17

So I came off birth control in December (I had the Nexplanon implant fitted) and I had a withdrawal bleed a few days after. I've had three cycles, three periods since then. Now in the tww of my fourth cycle.

Anyway, I've been on and off birth control since I was 17. Mainly the pill. Any time that I've come off it, I didn't get any symptoms such as sore boobs or cramping etc. I literally would get my period then nothing for three weeks then another period. After coming off the implant, I noticed that I was getting very sore, tender boobs the day after ovulation. This would last right up until I started my period. They would be sore to the point that I wouldn't let my OH near them. I thought it was odd given that I'd never had it before (been pregnant twice and that was the only time I'd ever had sore boobs so you can imagine my delight when I got it my first cycle only to be disappointed!) This has lasted my first three cycles and came the day after ovulation without fail.

I ovulated on Tuesday this week. My boobs are completely normal. They haven't outgrown my bra this time nor are they even in the slightest bit sore at all. Now, I know that they say it's often a minimum of 3 months for birth control hormones to leave your system (although I'm fairly sure that applies to the pill not the implant but stick with me here lol) is it possible that the last 3 cycles, I had bad post ov symptoms due to my body trying to get back to normal or something? It's just, I'm worrying a bit as obviously the thing that caused my sore boobs these last three months was the natural increase in progesterone but if I'm now not getting them, does that mean my progesterone levels could be low? Therefore a pregnancy is definitely not on the cards?

I just figured the sore boobs were my new normal but could it be possible that they were in some way linked to coming off birth control and that's why they suddenly became a post ov symptom for a few months and now they've gone again?

Bubblegum89 Fri 24-Mar-17 23:03:31

Anyone? Lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now