Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TMI How often do you DTD while TTCing?

(14 Posts)
cottoncandee Thu 23-Mar-17 11:06:42

I've had this argument with DH whether to DTD every other day or not. We've TTC since mid 2015 and had miscarriage in August 2015 and an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy November last year. And I've read in quite some threads that you should DTD every other day in your fertile period but two days straight on ovulation day and afterwards. But my DH doesn't like the idea because he prefers (sorry, TMI) to DTD everyday and sometimes more than once in a day. He also argues that the two times we did conceive, we DTD more than once in a day for the whole fertile period.

What should I do? Is it best to insist to do it every other day? Does it make a difference? And could anyone tell me from their experience if they conceive from DTD every other day or every day?

Thanks in advance for the replies smile

user1471496670 Thu 23-Mar-17 11:57:27

We dtd at least once a day whether ttc or not!
There is no evidence to suggest everyother day is best, in fact to the contrary the more you have sex the more the male body produces so just enjoy as often as you like 😊

Wibblewobble100 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:00:29

I think the every second day advice is because a lot of people don't manage to DTD that much. Every day should definitely have your bases covered. If you had to do it more than once a day I doubt anyone would ever conceive more than one child😉. No idea if there is such a thing as too much though?

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:05:27

Sounds like he is saying whatever it takes to get sex whenever he wants!!
Every other day gives sperm count the chance to regenerate.
I conceived my ds with dtd twice in the entire month and neither time during fertile week!!
Glow app is good for charting your cycle and ttc advice!!

WelshMammy123 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:48:53

I think there are so many mixed messages on this! As I understand it there is no benefit to DTD every day over every other day - so both options are as good as the other. Which is reassuring for those of us that don't DTD every day but also means that DTD every day isn't an issue either. I think the only situation in which DTD every day is advised against for conception is where there are male infertility issues and the sperm benefits from a day off.

For what it's worth I've conceived in a month where we've DTD every day, in a month where we DTD every other day and in a month where we only DTD once. I'm convinced there's no rhyme or reason to it! X

Emma2803 Thu 23-Mar-17 14:14:22

I take my hat off to you for having the energy to dtd every day!!! I have neither the time nor the energy for that!! We conceived our son the night before ovulation, my hubby is lucky to get it once a week! Less now we have a toddler!! Gonna start trying for #2 now this month and am gonna try for dtd every 2-3 days, hubby will think it's Christmas! Lol

QueSera Thu 23-Mar-17 14:20:34

We followed the 'sperm meets egg' plan and it worked a treat (google for details). Good luck!

Salmonpinkcords Thu 23-Mar-17 14:32:12

We DTD as often as possible during fertile window - at least once a day, more typically in morning first thing and then at night. Sometimes more if at weekend and work hasnt got in the way. The frequency has had no negative impact as I've conceived every cycle I've tried (unfortunately I've also miscarried very frequently too but that's another issue).

TurquoiseDress Thu 23-Mar-17 14:32:36

I guess as often as possible would be the ideal, but life gets in the way!

There seems to be lots of conflicting advice/messages on this topic.

If your DH is keen for every day, then go for it- if you've got the energy.

We tend to go for every other day during fertile week- lucky if we do this, DH travels for work, I work FT and life is just busy and I often feel knackered.

Personally I think it's all pot luck- I have conceived twice shortly after coming off the combined pill, before I even had a proper period- we only had sex ONCE in the month I conceived for both pregnancies.

Following a MMC last summer, we have been TTC since July with absolutely no whiff of a BFP.

Unbelievable- I have never had so much unprotected sex in my whole entire life!

Good luck

user1473602935 Thu 23-Mar-17 14:34:05

Every other day worked twice for me so the good sleek has a chance to replenish

cottoncandee Thu 23-Mar-17 18:00:14

Thanks, ladies! I guess I will just give it a go couple more cycles with DTD everyday then will try every other day if it still doesn't work smile

WantToGoingTo Thu 23-Mar-17 19:30:14

The every other day thing is to remote better quality swimmers so they have time to develop properly so dtd every day may not be ideal if struggling to conceive. We dtd about 5 times in a fertile week but no more than once in a day

WantToGoingTo Thu 23-Mar-17 19:31:54

As for when we aren't ttc about once every 7-10 days sometimes longer! We do have a toddler though but even before once a week was pretty lucky!

Oly5 Thu 23-Mar-17 19:37:10

We've done it every day for about eight days straight around peak/high fertile days. Three successful pregnancies so worked for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now