Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation sticks? How the fudge do they work?

(11 Posts)
Bambino90 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:10:52

Hiya,

So we have decided this month to start using ovulation sticks. I came off my period yesterday...when should I start using them? I've got the ones with 2 lines not the flashy face. So how do I know when it's time to dtd? X

Misssmoo Tue 21-Mar-17 20:55:13

Usually the lines will be same colour on the stick I used mine about 5 days after period until I got the desired colour I'm now nearly 12 weeks good luck xx

HopingForALittleOne Tue 21-Mar-17 21:00:01

Hello I put mine side by side so can see progression good luck xx

RoseGoldHippie Wed 22-Mar-17 05:55:58

TBH if it is your first month using them I would start on CD 3 or 4. I did because I didn't really have a clue and glad I did as I Got a pos about 5 days before my app said I should which I would have missed if I wasn't tracking daily.
After one or two cycles (if no BFP) you will know more about when you should be oving so should be able to test over a smaller time period smile good luck FX for you!

Bambino90 Wed 22-Mar-17 07:05:32

Thanks, that's why we are doing it because I think I'm
Ovulating earlier than Ovia is predicting and that could be why no luck so far! X

Bambino90 Fri 24-Mar-17 22:24:52

So I have started using them but now I am more confused! The bottom one is CD7, middle CD8 and top CD9. AF stopped on CD5. Could I have ovulated that quickly? Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using FMU? X

ScarletSienna Sat 25-Mar-17 00:20:29

Using FMU is advised against as you could miss it so later in the morning is better. Looks like the bottom one is strong!

ExplodedCloud Sat 25-Mar-17 00:25:07

I had short cycles and ovulated on about day 6 of a 22 day cycle. As my period finished. No bar to conception smile

Bambino90 Sun 26-Mar-17 23:36:55

Ok so I have kept going...thoughts please? Have I missed my opportunity this month or have I not had a positive yet? X

ScarletSienna Mon 27-Mar-17 16:26:25

They look like they're getting lighter but I've never had a dark line myself so I must totally miss!

KoolKoala07 Mon 27-Mar-17 16:31:50

The colour once you've used the stick should be as dark as the test line. This shows you are due to ovulate and then the deed must be done smile
I kept using them (cycle all over the place after coming off the pill) and they weren't getting darker and I was getting frustrated and thought I must be doing something wrong and then one day the lines were the same colour. Dtd and I'm now 9 weeks pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now