Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

No ovulation?

(8 Posts)
vrid85 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:26:59

This is our first month of ttc, I had my Mirena out at the beginning of February.
I've been tracking my ovulation with clear blue since my last period and have had three days of flashing smiley faces (LH surge) only to test this morning and get just a low fertility plain circleconfused I haven't yet had a fixed smiley face which means I haven't ovulated.
I'm starting to panic, has anyone else had this and then ovulated the next month?

NaturWilde Tue 21-Mar-17 09:34:52

I haven't used them but I've heard it's easy to miss the surge.

Temping helps! You may well have ovulated!

RoseGoldHippie Tue 21-Mar-17 10:48:11

Were you using FMU with each previous day? I did mine 2 times a day each day until I got my smiley (from around the time I thought I would ov) I only had one in the PM so you may just be missing the surge window on the stick

vrid85 Tue 21-Mar-17 14:09:34

Thanks for your repliessmile
RoseGoldHippie I was only using FMU so perhaps I have missed itconfused

Has anyone else experienced this and then a BFP?

RoseGoldHippie Tue 21-Mar-17 15:24:19

tbh I would have too I just randomly read earlier yesterday about a woman that missed it smile

Keep us posted on your BFP this month! Fingers crossed x

vrid85 Wed 22-Mar-17 08:29:02

So... this morning I thought I'd have another go just in case and I got my fixed smiley faceconfused What an earth is going on? Why did I have an LH surge for three day, no LH surge and then ovulate? Any ideas??

vrid85 Wed 22-Mar-17 22:27:01

bumpsmile

NaturWilde Thu 23-Mar-17 04:58:17

Have you read Taking Charge of your Fertility, by T. Wechsler? That's your starting point, and start temping!

Kindara is the clearest app and has a great knowledge base and forum. You need a two decimal place thermometer, not expensive in Amazon (basal body temperature thermometer).

OPKs pick up a surge 12-48h before you ovulate.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: