Talk

Advanced search

Pre AF spotting (not pregnant)

(8 Posts)
nivky Mon 20-Mar-17 05:34:26

Hi All, since my miscarriage 7 months ago, I have started spotting, having a light pink bleed before my AF arrives. My bbt remains high and only drops on day of AF. My spotting seems to be getting earlier and earlier and last two months has started at 8dpo - 6 days before AF is due. My AF then only last one real full day. Has anybody had this and actually got answers from docs? My doc took blood work and all ok and I'm being sent to fertility clinic but NHS keep cancelling my appointment. Just another thing to worry about why I'm not falling pregnant. sigh

haveacupoftea Mon 20-Mar-17 21:38:41

I think this is a symptom of low progesterone - progesterone treatment may prevent further miscarriages. Maybe best to ask on the miscarriage or infertility board x

upforathird Mon 20-Mar-17 21:53:09

Just to reassure you that I've always had spotting before AF and conceived no problem (took a few months but still it happened!) I got myself all worried about it but there was no need.

Betsyboo87 Fri 26-May-17 17:25:39

I know this thread is a couple of months old but wanted to jump on and see if there is anyone else with this problem? I get 5-6 of spotting before af every month. I went to the gp about 7-8 years ago and did have chlamydia (why do I feel so shameful?) but it was treated and the spotting didn't go so the gp wasn't too concerned. Now I'm ttc I'm worried about it from a fertility point of view and I've seen a gynae but again, she wasn't very concerned. However I'm now on cycle 6 and getting concerned that it's stopping me from conceiving (or the chlamydia is.....).

nivky Fri 26-May-17 18:57:02

I am still getting this spotting 11 months after my first mc and not got bfp yet. Doc checked my hormones and progesterone and all is normal. It's really frustrating as I feel it's stopping me getting pregnant or another part thinks it's my body rejecting implantation as it always happens at approx 8dpo. Sorry no good news here.

happybus28 Fri 26-May-17 20:12:15

I've had this my last 2 cycles, started spotting anywhere from 6-8 dpo and spotted every day until AF. It's not much it's just a bit on the tissue after going for a wee but enough to be concerning confused I've taken vitamin B6 this cycle to try and prevent it but not sure if it'll work. Currently 5dpo and none so far....

Betsyboo87 Fri 26-May-17 20:27:40

Oh nivky I was hoping you'd have some bfp news! I really hope it works out for you soon. Mine is pretty light for 3-4 days and then gets heavier the day before af. I never need more than a thin liner but it's still worry to me. I've probably started TTC in the wrong frame of mind as I was convinced from cycle 1 it was a problem. I started b complex a week or so ago so I'll see how this cycle goes. Good luck to you too happybus.

happybus28 Fri 26-May-17 20:42:13

thanks betsy hope the b complex works for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now