Talk

Advanced search

Fed up of BFN's

(8 Posts)
alphabetti91 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:21:10

Just that, really.
We've been TTC for almost a year now and nothing. We started taking Pregnacare Conception His & Hers this month and now my period is 1 day late (I have a spot on 28 day cycle) and except for 1 very very very faint positive 6 days ago I've had a BFN everyday so assuming that was a false positive 😔
I just feel like giving up now, I can't take this every month

Sshsecretenclosed Sun 19-Mar-17 17:40:14

I felt the same. Started ttc at Xmas and found bfns during January and February so disheartening. I was testing super early, getting myself in a right stew and thought this could take a long while, I cannot go through getting myself this worried and frantic about it. It will never happen when I'm like that. So this month, I've focused instead on other things I have going on and just taken a step back. DTD twice in a whole month - it's been busy don't judge me wink I think I just need this month to take a moment to reflect and understand how I don't like being that panicky woman who obsesses over poas. This is a journey not just a few moments so I'm telling myself, I'm going to take my time. DH was feeling a bit pressured too. What I'm trying to say is I understand. You are not the only one. For me, a step back this month has helped me reset. Just remember there is more to you than ttc, even if our hopes and dreams rely on it, we can still enjoy the days in between. Don't miss other stuff . I've even been drinking out with friends these past couple of weeks!

alphabetti91 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:58:06

I think I need a month like that. It's getting so bad I haven't been out in months. My OH went out this month and usually I wouldn't have any issue with that but this time I was somewhat distraught that he wouldn't be able to DTD that night.
It doesn't help that his DBro announced he and his OH are expecting after one month of trying.
I literally cried in town today after seeing a baby.
I have a 7yo from a previous relationship and my OH doesn't have any DC, he's going for blood tests tomorrow. I feel like I'm letting him down.

reluctantlondoner Sun 19-Mar-17 18:04:24

Oh OP it's so tough isn't it. You're not alone and you're definitely not letting anyone down. We are also TTC #1 (been off the pill since Jan 16) and so far nothing. Trying to remember that it's just a lottery... you could DTD 100 times and nothing or DTD once and conceive! Be kind to yourself and try to relax and think about other things, although I know it's hard. Fingers crossed for you.

cakesandphotos Sun 19-Mar-17 18:15:45

I've stopped testing. I was getting too upset seeing a bfn and it was ruining my day. My rule is now that I won't test unless I'm a week late. We've been ttc for 14 months and it's getting harder. I do find though, that I can accept af turning up a lot easier than I can accept a bfn.
My best friend told me today she's pregnant. I'm excited for her but admittedly I'm jealous.
It'll happen when it happens I guess

Mummyme87 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:15:15

I also understand. I have a DS who was conceived whilst on the pill 3yrs ago. We are now on cycle 5 of TTC DC2 and I completely lost it this month when my period was early. So devastated, I have cried so much 😔 You're not alone

alphabetti91 Mon 20-Mar-17 09:09:56

Another BFN this morning and still no sign of AF (now 2 days late).
Thank you all for you messages, it's nice to know I'm not alone at a time when it feels so much that I am.

JeNeBaguetteRien Tue 21-Mar-17 10:41:09

Alphabetti don't test again until the weekend if you can help it. AF might come but at least you won't be looking at another test and squinting and turning it this way and that (like me earlier today, BFN).
You could also see your GP soon. Although you may not be able to have treatment on the NHS you should be offered blood tests to check hormone levels and your DP could get a spermicide analysis. Why not have a relaxed month or two and then make an appointment if you need it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now