Talk

Advanced search

Going mad but can't stop testing :(

(15 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 18-Mar-17 08:17:34

I had a missed miscarriage and an ERPC in January. Luckily my cycle went back to normal very quickly and we have started trying again. My period is not due until tomorrow but I have been obsessively doing tests since Monday, getting a BFN each time. shouldn't I have a positive by now even if AF isn't yet due? Has anyone else had BFNs before their period is due but then got a BFP afterwards? Help- I'm obsessed!

Orangebird69 Sat 18-Mar-17 08:19:29

I didn't get my bfp until I was 6 days late. Did one at 4 days late and got a bfn. Result of that bfp is now 17mo and dragging his paw patrol scooter round the house.

PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 18-Mar-17 08:22:10

That's very encouraging, thank you orangebird flowers the thing is I know it's too early but I can't seem to stop myself testing!

Sazwest Sat 18-Mar-17 08:48:45

I was due yesterday and I'm never late ever and still nothing been testing and all tests bfn x

PollyCazaletWannabe Sat 18-Mar-17 08:55:34

Thank you saz and fingers crossed for you too! Have you had any other signs? I had pain last weekend that I thought might be implantation pain, because it fit with the dates, which I think is why I've been testing madly all week confusedblush

Sazwest Sat 18-Mar-17 09:03:35

I'm so bloated and constipated it's unreal. Xx

AnotherRandom Sat 18-Mar-17 09:16:01

I'm late too! My cycles vary from 25-26 days and I'm currently on cd29, bfn this morning sad I'm 13dpo so not sure what to think!

Sazwest Sat 18-Mar-17 09:21:00

Crazy isn't it. I'm confused x

AnotherRandom Sat 18-Mar-17 09:23:12

It's frustrating! I keep having af type cramps so I keep checking to see if she's arrived but nothing yet. Are you having any other symptoms? X

Sazwest Sat 18-Mar-17 09:24:34

I'm really badly constipated ( that never happens to me) I haven't been for 3 days, keep feeling sick on and off xx

AnotherRandom Sat 18-Mar-17 09:33:57

I have the same with the feeling sick, hits me in waves throughout the day! Apart from that I'm just bloated and having mild cramps. With my last pregnancy I had the strongest metallic taste in my mouth a week and a half before my bfp and suffered with severe sickness from 5/6wks. Will have to keep waiting!!

Fingers crossed for you all X

ShowOfHands Sat 18-Mar-17 09:42:55

There is a chance you're pg yes but it's more likely that you're not.

I know how hard it is. It took 14 months and two losses before I conceived dc1 and I ended up the same. I had to step back because it was actually making me unwell and I wasn't in the best mental shape for having a good, positive pregnancy. I started a new and very challenging hobby which took time and concentration, spent time just enjoying my marriage and banned early testing. It became quite clear in retrospect that I hadn't healed from the miscarriages and I was projecting a lot of expectation and desperation on that first child. It wasn't right or fair. I wanted a baby so badly that I'd forgotten it was more important that my baby badly needed a mother who was well and happy, not desperate and obsesssed.

Good luck with ttc. Remember to look after yourself as much as possible and enjoy the life you have right now.

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 19-Mar-17 14:05:43

First day of period was meant to be today. No sign of period but STILL BFN sad any more of you who had this but later found out they were in fact pg?

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 19-Mar-17 14:20:45

When I got pregnant before I only tested when my period was a few days late. I wish I could just leave it but I bought another 6 tests today sad

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 19-Mar-17 15:20:16

Bumping for traffic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now