Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

When to test

(13 Posts)
Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 00:30:21

So a bit off information we are ttc DP's 1st hopefully my 4th (dc are 12 & 11 & 9) this first month we really trying.
This cycle I used opk and had positive test on 13th only 1 day of positives.. that was cd 16 sooo fingers crossed we get extremely lucky when would ye consider doing hpt.. it's killing not to test like everyday but I no way too early yet so I need your input into what should be my test date ( and if anyone has extra dose of will power they want to give me to not cave and test sooner that would be greatly appreciated 😂)

haveacupoftea Fri 17-Mar-17 00:58:29

You should get a reliable result with a FRER on the 25th. Good luck!

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:12:31

Thanks havacupatea it's going to b such a long wait

TipTop333 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:35:39

Yep 25th.

Good luck!

(I'm resting then too!)

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:46:39

Tiptop333 maybe we can keep each other convinced not to cave and test before I no my dp is already saying poas so we can find out despite me telling him he wouldn't even have implanted yet 😂 are u long ttc?

haveacupoftea Fri 17-Mar-17 08:58:21

It will be a long wait, tbh the month i conceived I tested every day from the day of suspected conception, with cheapies at the start and FRER after day 9. I knew it wouldnt be positive but it was like some kind of mad addiction, taking the tests and studying them! I dont even regret it tbh grin

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:14:58

Haha I think if I can make it to Monday without testing will be a big achievement dp is off work Monday and Tuesday so I know well will be egging me to test ... Paddy's day here today and meant to be meeting up with loads a friends and family for "few drinks" during parade no idea how I'm going to fake the not drinking thing ...I want to give this every possible chance of working ;-)

mummabear30 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:34:24

I'm in the same boat having to hold out till at least the 25th such a long wait and driving my self crazy already any help not to test before would be amazing smile

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:55:16

It such a killer the waiting you just would love a camera to what's going on inside the unknown is the hardest part

TipTop333 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:30:19

Cycle 2 after a mc. TBH I will already know by the 25th based on my symptoms which I'm familiar with now. I still look forward to testing though!

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:44:39

So sorry to hear of your Mc .. I hope your doing ok must a been very hard was it a very early Mc do u mind me asking .. on my last pregnancies I kinda knew from conception that I was pregnant just kinda had feeling but they were so long ago and I wasn't so actively trying never done opks r temping r anything so wasn't watching every little twinge r cramp r feeling then it was a just try and see if happens it happens

TipTop333 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:32:39

Thank you.

Yes it was early - under 6 weeks. Symptoms had subsided so I sort of knew.

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:58:03

Well hopefully this moth we will get our sticky little beans 👍🏻fx'd

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: