When to test

(13 Posts)
Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 00:30:21

So a bit off information we are ttc DP's 1st hopefully my 4th (dc are 12 & 11 & 9) this first month we really trying.
This cycle I used opk and had positive test on 13th only 1 day of positives.. that was cd 16 sooo fingers crossed we get extremely lucky when would ye consider doing hpt.. it's killing not to test like everyday but I no way too early yet so I need your input into what should be my test date ( and if anyone has extra dose of will power they want to give me to not cave and test sooner that would be greatly appreciated 😂)

haveacupoftea Fri 17-Mar-17 00:58:29

You should get a reliable result with a FRER on the 25th. Good luck!

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:12:31

Thanks havacupatea it's going to b such a long wait

TipTop333 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:35:39

Yep 25th.

Good luck!

(I'm resting then too!)

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:46:39

Tiptop333 maybe we can keep each other convinced not to cave and test before I no my dp is already saying poas so we can find out despite me telling him he wouldn't even have implanted yet 😂 are u long ttc?

haveacupoftea Fri 17-Mar-17 08:58:21

It will be a long wait, tbh the month i conceived I tested every day from the day of suspected conception, with cheapies at the start and FRER after day 9. I knew it wouldnt be positive but it was like some kind of mad addiction, taking the tests and studying them! I dont even regret it tbh grin

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:14:58

Haha I think if I can make it to Monday without testing will be a big achievement dp is off work Monday and Tuesday so I know well will be egging me to test ... Paddy's day here today and meant to be meeting up with loads a friends and family for "few drinks" during parade no idea how I'm going to fake the not drinking thing ...I want to give this every possible chance of working ;-)

mummabear30 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:34:24

I'm in the same boat having to hold out till at least the 25th such a long wait and driving my self crazy already any help not to test before would be amazing smile

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:55:16

It such a killer the waiting you just would love a camera to what's going on inside the unknown is the hardest part

TipTop333 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:30:19

Cycle 2 after a mc. TBH I will already know by the 25th based on my symptoms which I'm familiar with now. I still look forward to testing though!

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:44:39

So sorry to hear of your Mc .. I hope your doing ok must a been very hard was it a very early Mc do u mind me asking .. on my last pregnancies I kinda knew from conception that I was pregnant just kinda had feeling but they were so long ago and I wasn't so actively trying never done opks r temping r anything so wasn't watching every little twinge r cramp r feeling then it was a just try and see if happens it happens

TipTop333 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:32:39

Thank you.

Yes it was early - under 6 weeks. Symptoms had subsided so I sort of knew.

Myalterego1 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:58:03

Well hopefully this moth we will get our sticky little beans 👍🏻fx'd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now