Talk

Advanced search

A week late...can I still get a bfp?

(22 Posts)
Fayemay27 Thu 16-Mar-17 22:27:49

So I'm now a week late....I tested on Sunday with a FRER but it was a bfn and I'm a bit scared to test again. I've read on other threads that some ladies don't get bfp until at least a week after af starts.

Can I still get a bfp or do I need to give up hope and accept that af probably wont arrive this month? Why do our bodies mess us around so much when TTC?

minusten Thu 16-Mar-17 22:31:35

You poor thing that must be so stressful. I'm only one day late, and am already confused sad still bfns though.

Are you usually pretty regular?

Fayemay27 Thu 16-Mar-17 22:41:31

Hi @minusten

Yes I'm usually 27/28 days bang on. This was my first month using opks and I got positive readings so pretty sure I ovulated. It is very frustrating. I have a FRER and a couple of cheapy's I picked up today but I'm scared to test incase it's another bfn.

Hopefully a day late is a good sign for you! Have you tested?

Sazwest Thu 16-Mar-17 22:55:05

@Fayemay27 test in the morning with your fmu if u are never late they must be a reason, I know it's scary but it might me a bfp xx

Fayemay27 Thu 16-Mar-17 23:00:19

Thanks Saz smile**

I do hate the not knowing but I also hate the disappointment!

Sazwest Thu 16-Mar-17 23:07:13

Same here hunni Ive got my frer ready to take fmu in the morning I'm due (AF) In the morning ( she always arrives early hours always has done since I was about 18) Amd I've never ever been late ever just early. I really hope I get my bfp after doing loads this week and they have been bfn ( not tested for a few days tho) so here's hoping xxx

Fayemay27 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:09:44

Did a FRER with fmu and it's still bfn. I could cry!

Maybe I've skipped a month and should carry on as normal?

NaturWilde Fri 17-Mar-17 07:13:39

When did you ovulate? It could be later than expected?

Fayemay27 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:31:59

@NaturWilde this was my first month using opks and I think I ovulated on the 23rd Feb so that would make me 22 dpo today.

Good luck @Sazwest!! Let us know how you get on testing. My fx for you!

NaturWilde Fri 17-Mar-17 07:55:02

So frustrating for you!

Still a chance, according to this.

Anyway, I'll get on with crazy symptom spotting at only 4dpo...!

Sazwest Fri 17-Mar-17 08:03:10

So AF due today and it hasn't arrived it always arrives early hours always has done for as long as I can remember and I've never been late ever ( only the 3 times I was pregnant with my 3 kids ) so took a frer and bfn xx

Fayemay27 Fri 17-Mar-17 18:22:14

Oh @Sazwest I feel for you! It's very frustrating. Hoping you get a bfp very soon! Did you get early bfp with your other children?

Thanks @NaturWilde il have a read.

I have the worst heartburn today and I've not eaten anything unusual.

Sazwest Fri 17-Mar-17 18:44:40

To be honest @Fayemay27 I can't remember when I tested with them lol. Xx

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 17-Mar-17 18:48:03

How many children have you got Saz?

Sazwest Fri 17-Mar-17 18:55:16

@Hotpinkangel19 I have 3 they Are almost 13,11 and 5 xx

emvy Fri 17-Mar-17 20:49:22

I randomly skipped a month and just didn't get a period in December. January, no sign of AF again but this time I was pregnant! Unfortunately no longer thanks to a mmc but that's besides the point. I've never skipped a month before and I've no idea why it happened but there we go! Maybe you just missed a month too? It would be bizarre but then so was my missing one and it didn't spell any problems. Hope you either get a BFP or AF soon so you can move on to next month! Best of luck x

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 19-Mar-17 09:13:31

Saz, we are pretty similar, we have 3 too, 11,9 and 6 x

NaturWilde Sun 19-Mar-17 09:28:51

Any news @Sazwest?

Sazwest Sun 19-Mar-17 09:32:27

@NaturWilde nope nothing still no AF which was due Friday no spotting or anything xx

Fayemay27 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:27:54

Hi ladies, how we all doing?

Another bfn for me this morning and I'm now 11 days late.

Thanks @emvy that's good to know that skipping a period can just happen. I'm acting like it did come and we are now dtd every other day. I've ordered some more opks which should come today as this would be the beginning of my fw. Sorry to hear about your mmc.

Any more news @Sazwest?

Sazwest Mon 20-Mar-17 07:31:36

Still no AF for me either xx

hanna87 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:35:15

@Fayemay27 @Sazwest feeling for u both! Take it easy,and stat positive...keep us posted on how things go xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now