Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Please help. Opinions needed...

(10 Posts)
LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 18:49:07

Hi ladies,
I think it's too early to test but I'm looking for opinions...
So, from September to 27th February I was on the mini pill. It mucked up my cycle and caused it to go all over the place with no pattern at all.
On 28th February I started taking Microgynon because they stopped making the mini pill I was on.
I made love with my partner without barrier methods on 4th, 5th and 11th of March.
Yesterday and today (15th and 16th of March) I have had very light bleeding which has been brown not red.
Could this be implantation bleeding? When can I test?
I simply can't work out the dates!
Thank you in advance!

WantToGoingTo Thu 16-Mar-17 18:56:52

If it is implantation that happens at about 5-6dpo so earliest you can test would be in a week I reckon

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:13:23

Thank you. Because I haven't had a regular cycle in so long I was finding it hard to work out the dates.
This week is going to be a long wait! shock

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:14:45

I was thinking that the new pill may have taken a week to start working so I wouldn't have been covered for that first week from the beginning of March

Emma2803 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:18:18

A barrier method should be used for seven days when changing from a mini pill to a combined pill. I would say give it at about 3-4 days before you test.

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:34:14

Thank you.
I have bought a couple of first response tests that say they can tell from early on but I will leave it a few days before testing.
I guess there is a chance then? And the bleeding would be about the right time to be an implantation bleed?

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:37:18

Also, I don't really know when my next period is due to start because of my cycle being all over the place since September last year :/

Emma2803 Thu 16-Mar-17 20:01:00

When your on the pill your periods are not proper periods as they are brought on by the hormones. With the combined pill your period is really a withdrawal bleed as you stop the hormones for a few days. So you should be due a few days after you stop for your week break.
I wouldn't rely on this period to rule you out of being pregnant as it's not a ture period if you know what I mean.
With my son I got implantation bleed 9 days after I ovulated and a positive test three days later. I would say it's possible your bleed would fall in the time frame of when implantation bleeding could occur.

Oysterbabe Thu 16-Mar-17 20:11:13

It's probably just the pills messing with your cycles, I'd try not to worry too much.

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 20:12:48

Thanks ladies. I'll update after a test smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: