Talk

Advanced search

Please help. Opinions needed...

(10 Posts)
LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 18:49:07

Hi ladies,
I think it's too early to test but I'm looking for opinions...
So, from September to 27th February I was on the mini pill. It mucked up my cycle and caused it to go all over the place with no pattern at all.
On 28th February I started taking Microgynon because they stopped making the mini pill I was on.
I made love with my partner without barrier methods on 4th, 5th and 11th of March.
Yesterday and today (15th and 16th of March) I have had very light bleeding which has been brown not red.
Could this be implantation bleeding? When can I test?
I simply can't work out the dates!
Thank you in advance!

WantToGoingTo Thu 16-Mar-17 18:56:52

If it is implantation that happens at about 5-6dpo so earliest you can test would be in a week I reckon

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:13:23

Thank you. Because I haven't had a regular cycle in so long I was finding it hard to work out the dates.
This week is going to be a long wait! shock

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:14:45

I was thinking that the new pill may have taken a week to start working so I wouldn't have been covered for that first week from the beginning of March

Emma2803 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:18:18

A barrier method should be used for seven days when changing from a mini pill to a combined pill. I would say give it at about 3-4 days before you test.

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:34:14

Thank you.
I have bought a couple of first response tests that say they can tell from early on but I will leave it a few days before testing.
I guess there is a chance then? And the bleeding would be about the right time to be an implantation bleed?

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 19:37:18

Also, I don't really know when my next period is due to start because of my cycle being all over the place since September last year :/

Emma2803 Thu 16-Mar-17 20:01:00

When your on the pill your periods are not proper periods as they are brought on by the hormones. With the combined pill your period is really a withdrawal bleed as you stop the hormones for a few days. So you should be due a few days after you stop for your week break.
I wouldn't rely on this period to rule you out of being pregnant as it's not a ture period if you know what I mean.
With my son I got implantation bleed 9 days after I ovulated and a positive test three days later. I would say it's possible your bleed would fall in the time frame of when implantation bleeding could occur.

Oysterbabe Thu 16-Mar-17 20:11:13

It's probably just the pills messing with your cycles, I'd try not to worry too much.

LisaInWonderland Thu 16-Mar-17 20:12:48

Thanks ladies. I'll update after a test smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now