Talk

Advanced search

does anyone use the clearblue dual opk? do you rate it?

(21 Posts)
AprilSkies44 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:41:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blackcherries Thu 16-Mar-17 17:44:23

Do you mean the fertility monitor?
You can sometimes get them second-hand on facebook groups etc, just buy the refills.
I've only used the sticks.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:47:39

Yeah I use them. I got mine from eBay with 20 sticks for £30 and it's lasted me 3 cycles. The cheap ovulation tests don't work for me xx

AprilSkies44 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:48:31

GreedyDuck Thu 16-Mar-17 18:01:47

I have conceived twice in the last five months using the CB dual hormone opks. Sadly the first ended in a mmc at 10 weeks, but fx this one is stickier. I'm 43, so know how you feel.

My cycle is extremely regular, so I only ended up using five or six sticks each month, which brings the cost down.

stuckinny Thu 16-Mar-17 18:17:23

I used it this month as I wanted to make sure I was actually ovulating (had several odd cycles). Plan was to use for just this month and then see what happens. I got a BFP 13 days ago!

blackcherries Thu 16-Mar-17 21:42:53

I've used the dual hormone OPKs. Although yes it's a plastic thing and refills, you don't really buy them separately as far as I know? as the "refills" ie the sticks are the expensive bit. You just get the plastic bit whenever you buy a pack. (Unless this has changed in the last 6 months)
I used them when I first started ttc to get a good idea of ovulation but then moved into single hormone ones as they're a bit cheaper and I understood my cycle better.

Mummyme87 Thu 16-Mar-17 22:09:55

The refills are for the fertility monitor not the OPK kit. You have to buy the whole kit every time

Oldschool41 Thu 16-Mar-17 22:22:40

I found a website that sells the dual kit (clear blue) for £19.99 It's £39.99 in tescos

AprilSkies44 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:56:35

Oldschool41 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:07:38

I'll check the exact website and add it here. You don't have to buy the whole thing you can just buy the sticks when you need more 😏

Oldschool41 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:10:40

https://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/clearblue-advanced-digital-ovulation-tests/#reviews

AprilSkies44 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:13:26

AprilSkies44 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:14:59

blackcherries Fri 17-Mar-17 16:23:48

That link is to the kit I was talking about. There are no refill sticks.
You buy sticks + holder in every pack. You can either buy packs of 10 or 20. You can reuse the holder each cycle (you keep the same holder throughout one cycle) or use a new one.

They are sometimes on offer at Boots etc so prices vary but they are not particulary cheap (I dread to think how much I've spent)

Have a look at FAQ 11 at the bottom of this page uk.clearblue.com/clearblue-ovulation-test-range/clearblue-digital-ovulation-test-with-dual-hormone-indicator

Oldschool41 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:31:59

By the looks of it you can not buy refills but I just read someone else saying on another website is that they bought the refil stocks for the clearblue ovulation monitor and they fit and work the kit I have bought 😜

Singingforsanity Fri 17-Mar-17 17:45:44

I use it to take out the guess work. I've used it for three months and this has helped me get to know my cycle and my body's own signs of ovulation, so I don't think I'll need to buy another even if I don't get a bfp this month.

purplek1tty Fri 17-Mar-17 19:06:12

I didn't rate them at all! I have irregular cycles and it gave me days and days of high readings and I ran out before I even ovulated! If you can start to recognise your ewcm and perhaps conform with a cheap opk you'll save yourself lots of money smile

MrsCharlieD Sat 18-Mar-17 08:15:06

I used them for the first time in January. I got about 5 days of flashing smiley faces until I finally got the static. 12 days later I had my bfp. I'm currently 10 weeks and that was our 7th cycle.

AprilSkies44 Sat 18-Mar-17 09:33:39

LisaSimpsonsbff Sat 18-Mar-17 22:01:53

Another vote in favour! I don't have a 'tried it and it got me knocked up instantly' story - I've used them for about four cycles and got pregnant on the last one (but then lost it at five weeks). But even though they weren't a miracle solution for me I'd still recommend them for simplicity of interpretation and use. To be honest, I think it's worth the price just for the fact you take them in the morning - I'm always amazed that so many people manage to do the cheapie OPKs in the afternoon, as that is not something I'd fancy doing in our staff toilets at work! However, they are pricey - and looking at Amazon now, they seem to have shot up further in the month since I last bought a pack of 20! They're £37 now, but I swear I paid about £25...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now