After over a year of TTC, could this be my month?!

(13 Posts)
Mammabear31 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:37:02

As the title says! Been ttc no.2 since early last year. Had no luck at all - every month AF arrives on schedule. However in February I had alot of blood tests to check my fertility and found out I have an underactive thyroid. I've been on levothyroxine for over a month now, and AF is due Friday.

For the past few days I've had incredibly painful breasts - the last time they were this painful was when I was pg with DS1 (although it didn't start til I was around 7-8 weeks) - I've had to wear a soft crop top today instead of a bra because it was unbearable! I have no other symptoms, but I also have no AF symptoms earlier - usually by now I'd be bloating and feeling a bit down or miserable but today I'm in a ridiculously good mood (not that I'm complaining!).

I used a one step test this morning and got BFN. I may get a FRER tonight but it seems silly to do that when AF is due in 2 days time, the one steps are 10mlu so sensitive enough.

I am literally spinning at the thought of being pregnant this month, but at the same time I am seriously trying not to get my hopes up. I feel like I need to talk about it but I cant at work as no-one knows we're ttc, plus I don't want to drive them all mad!!

Anyone want to come in the crazy boat with me?!?

Mammabear31 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:44:10

Anyone??

Phoenix76 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:40:20

I'm not in the same boat as you know, but I did reside in it not so long ago! I remember the craziness of ttc number 2. I'd obsess over everything and it took a very long time! Anyway, I had a very happy ending and have my much yearned for number 2, just wanted to wish you all the best and bump this for you.

Itsjustaphase84 Thu 16-Mar-17 08:06:08

I'm TTC2, cycle 4 so far and 11dpo. Just af symptoms. how old are you if you don't mind me asking. Fingers crossed for you xx

Mammabear31 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:16:08

Thank you Phoenix. Yet another BFN but I thought I saw a squinter, was colourless so just an evap. Boobs are still painful today but I'm not convinced this is my month anymore. AF due tomorrow, I'd be getting squinters now if I were, wouldn't I?

Itsjust I'm 32. How are you today?

Itsjustaphase84 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:01:24

I.really want dc2. DC1 was very quick and this is taking longer. It's so disheartening when you see those blank sticks. I have 4 upstairs and refuse to poas early as I would rather see af than a negative.

I have sore boobs and af like heaviness and a few cramps so fully expecting her any time from now. I've got some raspberry leaf tea ready to start from CD1 if I get af xx

Mammabear31 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:21:49

Oh I know that feeling sad DS1 was conceived first time (as was a mc before him) so the fact we're now at the end of cycle 13 is really frustrating. I'm lucky (!) that we found a reason for it - or what I hope is a reason for it - and hopefully once my medication is right we will be on our way.

I'm not sure what to expect over the next couple of days, but I do know that I just don't feel right today - spacey/dizzy, headache, tired. So could go either way.

When are you going to test?

BertieBotts Thu 16-Mar-17 12:23:45

You wouldn't necessarily get squinters yet as some women don't build up enough hCG until after their period is due.

Fingers crossed for you but it sounds like you've got a way forward either way.

I'm at the start of TWW number 12 now so I know that feeling! And symptom spotting is so dangerous.

Mammabear31 Fri 17-Mar-17 02:44:05

I'm out. AD has arrived.

Mammabear31 Fri 17-Mar-17 02:44:26

Af I mean.

Jenijena Fri 17-Mar-17 03:10:02

Just saw this in active. Sorry OP. I well remember that disappointment. (1 yr ttc #1, 2 yrs #2)

Mammabear31 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:50:46

Thanks Jen. It's so frustrating. Dh is taking me.for a pub lunch to cheer me up, he's been at the hospital today to hand over his sample for testing too so we're both in need of cheering up today.

Itsjustaphase84 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:31:14

Oh so sorry to hear this Mamma. I'm testing Monday. wine for you. One month closer for you... That's how I look at it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now