im 31 this year my husband is 53 this year, i came off the pill in august and been trying since. We have sex every day not just for baby making but because we love it. How long should i wait until i start to worry?
At least a year tbh. Can take some people up to 2 years and there be no problem. Sorry- it's just a waiting game and a lot of luck is involved. Sex every day might not be ideal though- sperm need time to replenish to be at their best. Every other day is better.
It took me 3 weeks after quitting the pill I had fully expected 1-2 years, as both my mum and her sister took a while to conceive (2+ years, had nothing wrong). It can take a long time, it's absolutely impossible to know. I am in awe of sex every day though! I would be happy with 3-4 times a week, though currently it has been once a month for the last 3 years (after having a baby). If you're getting very worried, it doesn't hurt to go see a doctor about it. Best of luck.
For me it was rapid, 2 months for first baby and 3 weeks for the second, but it's different for everyone.Id be concerned if nothing was happening after twelve months, but saying that, I know couples who spent years trying and eventually got their baby.
We've just finished our 5th cycle and it's hard not to worry! We'll be trying one more time then going to the GP for tests due to my age (39 in 2mths). I have friends who are younger though and conceived late 20's and took 6, 8 and 10mths so we're still under the realms of 'normal'. It's an old wives tale about not having sex every day though...the more you have sex the more a man's body signals him into producing sperm which leads to healthy sperm! We have sex at least once a day (3-4 times if we're both off work! Lol)
DS1 took 3 months (I was 29) DS2 took 1 month! (I was 32) DC3 we have been trying for 6 months & I've had 2 chemical pregnancies (now age 35) Like others have said you cannot predict how long it will take & I would see the doctor after a year. Good luck!
The stats, when I last looked: 84% conceive during the first year of having unprotected sex. Of the remaining 16%, half will conceive during the second year.
We took more than one year, but less than two. Friends have had tests and treatment, and it doesn't sound much fun. Given that, we decided to try for more than a year before seeking help - DD was conceived naturally.