Talk

Advanced search

AF just arrived, was 100% sure I was pregnant

(11 Posts)
Gillys7 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:39:32

I'm a day early and AF just arrived. I'm feeling very confused. For the past week I have had very sore boobs, been so nauseous that I have completely gone off food, as well as other typical early pregnancy symptoms. Today I started cramping and now I'm bleeding so I'm wondering what in hell those symptoms were. Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure what to think.

Finelinebetweenchaos Mon 13-Mar-17 18:41:47

There is a chance it could be implantation if it only very light plus some women apparently have regular "period" type bleeding during pregnancy so could be worth testing if you think you might be.

The other option is that you were pregnant and had a chemical pregnancy in which case this is a very very early miscarriage.

Good luck OP!

Gillys7 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:50:14

So far it's very light but that's how it usually is on day one so I think I'll just have to see how the bleeding continues sad thank you I will be interested to see what happens

Emphasise Mon 13-Mar-17 18:57:05

Yes, it's possible you were pregnant and this is a very early miscarriage. I forget the numbers but apparently a very high number of pregnancies end that way, but the women don't know it.

OTOH, I find that actually there is very little difference between my premenstrual symptoms and my early pregnancy symptoms.

Pancaker Mon 13-Mar-17 19:00:55

That is very early to have pregnancy symptoms. Perhaps more in hope if you have been ttc for a while?

Gillys7 Mon 13-Mar-17 19:21:45

Emphasise: I did a pregnancy test at 10dpo and it came back negative so I don't know if it would have shown up had I been pregnant? I hate that I'm still wondering if maybe it's Implantation bleeding right now blush

Pancaker, I think that's possible. There have been many times over the past year where I have believed I was pregnant and it turned out I wasn't, I think this time though I was certain that I was maybe psychologically that made the symptoms stronger I don't know. I think I might have a break for a while and just not think about it.

Pancaker Mon 13-Mar-17 19:49:36

I feel for you OP, it's tough so do try and have some down time and be kind to yourself xxx

Gillys7 Mon 13-Mar-17 20:16:30

Thank you Pancaker smile xx

haveacupoftea Mon 13-Mar-17 20:57:25

I think you are convincing yourself you are pregnant when you aren't. Pre your period due date really is too soon for a lot of those symptoms. Convincing yourself theres a problem wont do your mental health any good. The solution? Stop symptom spotting.

Gillys7 Tue 14-Mar-17 00:12:51

Very true Haveacupoftea, only it's easier said than done to stop symptom spotting when you're as impatient as I am lol.

Earline Tue 14-Mar-17 05:53:41

I tried to concieve,i have a regular circle of 28 days. my period started on Feb 13 and ended on feb17. I took clomid to optimize my ovulation as directed by my consultant. Early last week, I started salivating, persistent urge to vomit, as days proceeds I started having cramps on my lower abdomen. yesterday I started bleeding with same cramps and later that evening, the cramps increased . But the this morning the cramps is gone and the bleeding has reduced and am still salivating. Please could it be menstrual period after seeing all those signs earlier or spotting during pregnancy. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now