I'm seeing things.

(19 Posts)
BogBrushGal Mon 13-Mar-17 16:12:12

Ok I did this test yesterday. I've NC. AF due today (I think). I'm not TTC. I'm mid-forties! Feeling exhausted, sore nipples etc After a few minutes I put it back in the cupboard assuming neg. However, got it back out later on (why I don't know) and a faint line caught my eye but I think I'm imagining it. Old age floaters in my eyes and such like, so I'm sick of squinting at it.

I am imagining it aren't I? It's bugging me now.

MrsBobDylan Mon 13-Mar-17 16:15:08

I think I can see something...how would you feel if it was bfp?

HollyJollyDillydolly Mon 13-Mar-17 16:17:11

Hmm I'm not sure either. It's definitely not blank though. Could be Evap? Have you anymore tests?

WelshMammy123 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:25:20

I can definitely see something as well x

MagnumAddict Mon 13-Mar-17 16:30:03

It's a squinter but you are not imagining things. Definitely do another test

BogBrushGal Mon 13-Mar-17 16:39:27

Oh. Um, ok confused I was expecting "I can't see anything"

Bit more background. Using natural contraception as other contraception makes me ill. Mid forties and about to book a blood test for menopause anyway as displaying symptoms for that. I do keep tests at home as my cycles have been a bit here and there last 6 months so if it drags on for a couple of weeks I like reassurance I'm ok, as I know this method is more risky although I track methodically on my app. This was the last test of my supply lol.
Anyway, this cycle I had a light bleed that lasted 24hours mid cycle (if I'm on a 28 day) which I've never had before so with my exhaustion lately, and a dry mouth for the last week and rabid hunger I thought I'd test.

How would I feel? We've discussed this. We both Love the idea of one of our own but being older, decided the reality which is bloody hard work as we both know through our own DC (18 years +) probably isn't for us. If it were 10 years ago we'd being going for it.

If AF doesn't show I'll get some more tests.

Thank you so much x

MagnumAddict Mon 13-Mar-17 16:40:46

I can also see another faint line next to the control though so good chance it may be evap.

Hope you get the result you are looking for but plenty of support on here either way.

Let us know how you get on

MmmMalbec Mon 13-Mar-17 17:04:30

Yeah I can see that too! I started with a line like that at 11dpo and I'm now 16+1!

Mummyme87 Mon 13-Mar-17 17:59:58

Looks like an evap to me. I would get a CB digital or a FRER and retest. Hope you get the result you want.

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:20:02

Did you retest op?

BogBrushGal Mon 13-Mar-17 18:30:11

Thanks again. Not yet. AF not here but not reading too much into that. I'll get some more cheapies tomorrow from Asda and post on here. I think they're evaps and been googling like hell lol but just wanted some extra feedback from those that know. It's been a long time (nearly 21 years) so a bit rusty smile

pillowcase6 Tue 14-Mar-17 06:09:02

Need more tests! I could vaguely see something in the first pic but it could be an evaporation line.

minmooch Tue 14-Mar-17 19:25:06

Did you do another test op?

BogBrushGal Wed 15-Mar-17 07:48:59

Hi everyone.
Only had time to pop to small co-op yesterday and I knew the woman serving so got toilet roll. grin Will get some today and probably wait for FMU tomorrow to be sure. No AF yet though.

Didn't want you to think I've disappeared. Thanks ladies.

MagnumAddict Wed 15-Mar-17 08:22:09

You are far more patient than me! I'd be buying a frer and testing at any point in the day!

Thanks for the update though

BogBrushGal Wed 15-Mar-17 15:22:11

I did one today after all. Looks clear to me but just wanted your thoughts.

I'm 3 days late now from a 28 day cycle whereas they've been averaging 26 since coming off the pill. Obviously when AF arrives at 25/26 then I don't wonder.

At least I can wait for AF to arrive in her own sweet time and have a glass of wine until she does!

This natural method is all well and good until this happens lol but perimenopause complicates things!

Thanks for your time everyone. See what you think xx

minmooch Wed 15-Mar-17 19:13:24

Looks negative to me. You ok with that?

BogBrushGal Thu 16-Mar-17 04:54:21

Thanks. Yes I'm good with that. smile

pillowcase6 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:33:30

Looks blank to me too. At least the wait/confusion is over though sad flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now